Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Lawyer says O'Reilly target of 'character assassination' by far-left groups

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    No way. It's certainly true or Fox would never cut their top dog loose.

O'Reilly fascinates me now. Why do people do that, shoot themselves and engage in self-destruction? Do they really get so wrapped around themselves that they think they're untouchable?

I will miss his show - he was the only one of the three (four if you count Megyn Kelly) prime time talking heads that was interesting and intelligent.
    I don't think it's 'shooting himself' or self destruction in the sense that he was an alter boy and THEN decided the rules didn't apply. He probably has ALWAYS been a little rough around the edges, probably always skirted the limits of gentlemanly conduct and simply worked, bulled, charmed his way out of trouble. It simply caught up with him. My presumption is that, if anything, he doesn't make sure he apologized adequately or helped them out or made it up to them enough as he maybe did in the past. So, in that sense maybe he shot himself; went from charming rogue, if a tad inappropriate, to creepy, dirty old man?
    Nepotism begins at home

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    Oh, come on. FOX is going to abandon their #1 star because of un-founded allegations? Or, they're getting out in front of something they knew was gonna blow up sooner or later?
    I don't know BUT -

I had heard for QUITE some time that he was considering ending the show - and I remember because the first thing I thought of was, well crap, who can replace O'Reilly?

I'm disinclined to believe some of the more salacious claims, but I do believe the kind of innocuous comments he's made to women in the workplace.

I think this was a situation where canning him made them look better. He gets his money, they look better and it was happening anyway.
    Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong". Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    Bill is gone.

Fox News drops Bill O'Reilly in wake of harassment allegations

This network is a stinking mess.
    Bill will be just fine.
    If all you are gonna do is give me grief about what I post DON'T READ IT Heh? Have a nice day :-D

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    I don't know BUT -

I had heard for QUITE some time that he was considering ending the show - and I remember because the first thing I thought of was, well crap, who can replace O'Reilly?

I'm disinclined to believe some of the more salacious claims, but I do believe the kind of innocuous comments he's made to women in the workplace.

I think this was a situation where canning him made them look better. He gets his money, they look better and it was happening anyway.

FOX seems a mess with Ailes and this and for the 'We Hate The Clinton's/Obama's' crowd who like a fair and balanced lean against them, it seems they've been buying into the wholesome, 'looking out for the people' crap from a bunch of people who are, simply, hypocrites.

I think Bill is not and never was a conservative. I thin k he, among all the major talking heads, did the MOST fair job, by miles, of letting his guest, no matter how left, have their say. If you liked his shtick, great. Solid show. However, for those reasons, I don't think FOX just cuts him loose if there is no 'there' there or he simply happened to call all the ladies 'babe' or sweet cheeks.
    Nepotism begins at home

I think Bill is not and never was a conservative.

Nope ... not a conservative IMHO
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

Blog Entries
    It's pretty clear that Murdoch's sons are trying to completely change the "face" of Fox news and make it more "CNN-like" . Good luck with that..."messing with success" has seldom proven to be a good business strategy.

I wonder how long Steve Doocy will stick around with all the changes happening.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    "Due to our advertiser education campaign,

Their "advertiser education campaign"

There could very well be a dog pile smear campaign going on, but that doesn't mean he is innocent of the accusations.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    I think Bill is not and never was a conservative.
    O'Reilly has never claimed to be a conservative. He has been consistently all over the map with his views - liberal, conservative, libertarian. He argues with the Left, he argues with the Right. Anyone who thinks BillO is a rightwinger has never watched his show more than a few times, nor have they read any of his books.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan View Post
    it's pretty clear that murdoch's sons are trying to completely change the "face" of fox news and make it more "cnn-like" .
    *THIS* --

O'Reilly was the collateral damage in this battle, and the sons won this round.
    Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong". Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    O'Reilly has never claimed to be a conservative. He has been consistently all over the map with his views - liberal, conservative, libertarian. He argues with the Left, he argues with the Right. Anyone who thinks BillO is a rightwinger has never watched his show more than a few times, nor have they read any of his books.
    I know that. You know that. I just mentioned it for clarification for those who may think he is.
    Nepotism begins at home

Members who have read this thread: 71