Thread: USDA Cyanide traps are killing way more than intended

USDA Cyanide traps are killing way more than intended

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/21...aker-says.html

As was their routine, 14-year-old Canyon Mansfield and his dog raced through the backyard of his Idaho home and up the top of a nearby hill to play. Minutes later, Canyon was knocked to the ground after a cyanide bomb set by the U.S. government detonated some 350 yards from the family's doorstep.
    Did anyone stop to think was this a good idea? It sounds like a horrible idea to me and I can't it is done.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Sounds like a pretty stupid idea to me.

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplesElbow View Post
    Critics, including Rep. Peter DeFazio, D-Ore., say the government’s taxpayer-funded Predator Control program and its killing methods are random -- and at times, illegal.

"It’s time to stop subsidizing ranchers’ livestock protection efforts with taxpayer dollars and end the unchecked authority of Wildlife Services once and for all," he said.

the good congressman comes across as a bit of a Dick however
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

Members who have read this thread: 29