Where we've stayed so far

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'll only list the places we've really liked and that were budget friendly.

Belton Lake Cottages - Belton, TX

CampAWay Caretaker's Cottage - Lincoln, NE

Mystery Mountain cabin - Rapid City, SD

Cody Cowboy Village - Cody, WY

Mount Pleasant KOA - near Charleston, SC

Pelican Roost RV park - Jacksonville, FL

Wekiva Falls RV Park - near Orlando, FL

Sarasota Lakes RV Park - Sarasota, FL

Grand Lake RV Resort - Citra, FL

Emerald Coast RV Beach Resort - Panama City Beach, FL

Edgewater Inn - Biloxi, MS

La Hacienda Cottages - Austin, TX

America's Cup Inn - Newport, RI

SPI KOA - South Padre Island, TX

We've stayed at a TON of LaQuintas, all of which were fine but not remarkable, and we've stayed at a few Homewood Suites that we've really liked, particularly the one in Des Moines, IA. The campground is our natural habitat, though, so if we're car tripping and can find a cottage/cabin in a campground that's reasonably priced, that's the way we go.

Last edited:

lovinmaryland

Do you find you have to book some of these places way in advance to get prime spots? A lot of my family that have trailers/rvs/etc seem to post on FB a lot about opening day to book for certain camp grounds for the upcoming season. Almost like trying to get concert tickets to a huge band. They'll sit on the computer waiting for spots to be released in order to get good spots.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Do you find you have to book some of these places way in advance to get prime spots? A lot of my family that have trailers/rvs/etc seem to post on FB a lot about opening day to book for certain camp grounds for the upcoming season. Almost like trying to get concert tickets to a huge band. They'll sit on the computer waiting for spots to be released in order to get good spots.

Depending on where you go, yes. The better campgrounds during snowbird season book almost a year in advance. Cody was a challenge in the summer, Rapid City during Bike Week was impossible (both were also laughably expensive). I had a tough time finding a suitable campground in the Sarasota area (and we were willing to consider a large area, not just right near Sarasota) and finally just got lucky, yet Panama City Beach during Spring Break was a snap.