Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: College Students Claim Objective 'Truth' Is A Racist 'Myth'

College Students Claim Objective 'Truth' Is A Racist 'Myth'

College Students Claim Objective 'Truth' Is A Racist 'Myth'

It's finally happened: the Social Justice Left has openly called objective "truth" a racist "myth" steeped in "white supremacy."

What else could it be?

[clip]

As the letter continues, the students explain that free speech has been "appropriated by hegemonic institutions" and should ultimately be curtailed because "it has given those who seek to perpetuate systems of domination a platform to project their bigotry."

It remains unclear as to who would be deciding which speech is kosher and which is not, but, presumably, their non-binary snowflake feelings would dictate such.

[clip]

Then comes the galling truth-is-a-racist-myth rant (emphasis added):

Historically, white supremacy has venerated the idea of objectivity, and wielded a dichotomy of ‘subjectivity vs. objectivity’ as a means of silencing oppressed peoples. The idea that there is a single truth–’the Truth’–is a construct of the Euro-West that is deeply rooted in the Enlightenment, which was a movement that also described Black and Brown people as both subhuman and impervious to pain. This construction is a myth and white supremacy, imperialism, colonization, capitalism, and the United States of America are all of its progeny. The idea that the truth is an entity for which we must search, in matters that endanger our abilities to exist in open spaces, is an attempt to silence oppressed peoples.

Additionally, Mac Donald, the pro-police journalist and Black Lives Matter critic at the center of the free speech conflict, was labeled "a fascist, a white supremacist, a warhawk, a transphobe, a queerphobe, a classist, and ignorant of interlocking systems of domination that produce the lethal conditions under which oppressed peoples are forced to live" — without evidence, of course.

Transphobe
    Queeerphobe

I guess Queers and Trans are seperate now

classist - had to look this up - you discriminate by class - Class Warfare something progressives have been doing for decades
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

Well, yeah, there are trans that are not queer, and certainly queers that are not trans. Even if you use the old queer=gay way of looking at it. I think it just means "not making a discrete choice" sort of thing now, but I could be wrong. In any case, this blather right here is why I laughed my way through Philosophy.....

The idea that there is a single truth–’the Truth’–is a construct of the Euro-West that is deeply rooted in the Enlightenment, which was a movement that also described Black and Brown people as both subhuman and impervious to pain. This construction is a myth and white supremacy, imperialism, colonization, capitalism, and the United States of America are all of its progeny. The idea that the truth is an entity for which we must search, in matters that endanger our abilities to exist in open spaces, is an attempt to silence oppressed peoples.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Getting awful tired of this racist BS coming from the left.

White supremecy White privilege. white men shouldn't be allowed to vote.Now there is truth and white truth.

#### these people, why are they getting any traction. Pack of bigoted a-wipes.

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    "and ignorant of interlocking systems of domination that produce the lethal conditions under which oppressed peoples are forced to live"
    Wow... that's a mouthful.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by stgislander View Post
    Wow... that's a mouthful.

its like a computer program spit out an article with as many SJW Trigger words as could be flit into one newspeak piece
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

its like a computer program spit out an article with as many SJW Trigger words as could be flit into one newspeak piece
    Thats how their teachers create the syllabus.

I can't guess where this crap comes from. I don't know where in the world anyone can promote the idea that all truth is subjective, or there's no such thing as objective truth.

What I DO think is that everyone tends to think their own completely biased opinion is the unvarnished truth and everyone else's is subjective.

When you get a big enough echo chamber, you tend to believe it more.
    This is why communities and rallies and massive groups of people at an event can be powerful - for good or ill.
    Because when everyone around you believes the same thing, you can easily think it's TRUTH and everyone who thinks otherwise is the enemy of truth.

I tend to have a more scientific approach - that truth is often arrived at incrementally - if at all.
    Sometimes, it's either unknowable or as yet unknown.

But it doesn't mean it's not there, or else we have no business trying to find out what it is.
    Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong". Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    I can't guess where this crap comes from. I don't know where in the world anyone can promote the idea that all truth is subjective, or there's no such thing as objective truth.

sure truth is what YOU want it to ....
    polar bears are dying
    - global warning
    - Al Gore comes out with another movie
    - but the Northern Latitudes have had RECORD ICE
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

sure truth is what YOU want it to ....
    polar bears are dying
    Yeah, I've always loved that famous pic of a polar bear on an ice floe.

Which was taken with him a short distance from shore. And polar bears swim. A LOT.
    They swim and hunt underwater for up to a couple minutes.
    They frequently are observed swimming as far as 30 miles, and that's not even the record.

Yeah - that poor bear was TRAPPED by mean old global warming.
    Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong". Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Historically, white supremacy has venerated the idea of objectivity, and wielded a dichotomy of ‘subjectivity vs. objectivity’ as a means of silencing oppressed peoples. The idea that there is a single truth–’the Truth’–is a construct of the Euro-West that is deeply rooted in the Enlightenment, which was a movement that also described Black and Brown people as both subhuman and impervious to pain. This construction is a myth and white supremacy, imperialism, colonization, capitalism, and the United States of America are all of its progeny. The idea that the truth is an entity for which we must search, in matters that endanger our abilities to exist in open spaces, is an attempt to silence oppressed peoples.
    If y'all are so sure this is all just a load of crap, shouldn't it be pretty easy to dispense with? I could blow this argument up in a sentence but that's because I like debate and I like challenging myself, what I think, why I think it and, for the most part, around here, it's preferred that everything be in it's nice, neat little bins with seldom a discouraging, or challenging, word.

So, if you think it's crap, care to take a whack at it?
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Members who have read this thread: 44