Numbers 28 Daily Offerings

seekeroftruth

Numbers 28:1 The Lord said to Moses, 2 “Give this command to the Israelites and say to them: ‘Make sure that you present to me at the appointed time my food offerings, as an aroma pleasing to me.’ 3 Say to them: ‘This is the food offering you are to present to the Lord: two lambs a year old without defect, as a regular burnt offering each day. 4 Offer one lamb in the morning and the other at twilight, 5 together with a grain offering of a tenth of an ephah[a] of the finest flour mixed with a quarter of a hin(b) of oil from pressed olives. 6 This is the regular burnt offering instituted at Mount Sinai as a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the Lord. 7 The accompanying drink offering is to be a quarter of a hin of fermented drink with each lamb. Pour out the drink offering to the Lord at the sanctuary. 8 Offer the second lamb at twilight, along with the same kind of grain offering and drink offering that you offer in the morning. This is a food offering, an aroma pleasing to the Lord.​

So.... think you want to go back to the old ways? Think God wants us to continue with the rules and regulations of the Old Testament?

I heard in one Bible Study.... the reason God required them to bring him two sacrifices a day.... was to keep God first on their minds.

This is from the easy English site.

The next three chapters in the Book of Numbers contain various rules and instructions, especially about offerings (also see Numbers 15:1-31). This may surprise us. The Israelites were preparing to enter the Promised Land. Perhaps, next we would expect to read about how they did this. But instead, the author of the Book of Numbers included this long description of rules and instructions.

Probably, the reason for this was to remind the new generation that they must worship God daily. It was very important to remember everything that God had done on their behalf. They had to thank him for all his good gifts, especially for the Promised Land. They had to continue to worship him together, even after they had settled in the Promised Land. They were God’s people. They should never forget this.

This first passage describes the daily offerings that God wanted. God did not want the people to worship him only on special occasions. He wanted them to worship him every day. They would do this by means of daily sacrifices.

God does not change. He is the same now. He wants us to worship him every day, not only on Sunday, or special occasions. We do not need to sacrifice animals. Jesus died on the cross to be a sacrifice on behalf of all people. But we need to please God. And to please God, we must believe that Jesus died as a sacrifice on our behalf. We must accept him as our Lord. We must love him and obey him. And we must become more like Jesus. We cannot do this without God’s help. We can do this only when we allow his Holy Spirit to control us.

The way I see it.... this must have been a lot of work. Twice a day they did this.... I guess since they didn't have a 9-5 job, it was understandable.

:coffee: