Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Health care services for cash

  1. #1
    #*! boat! Gilligan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    38,967
    Blog Entries
    7

    Health care services for cash

    I've gotten a lot of flack over the years, from some, for refusing to waste money on health insurance and saving big by paying cash.

    It's catching on, maybe?. ;-)

    http://www.businessinsider.com/surge...surance-2017-3
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

  2. #2
    Drug dealer's need health care, too.
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

  3. #3
    #*! boat! Gilligan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    38,967
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by larry gude View Post
    drug dealer's need health care, too.
    iswydt
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    iswydt
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

  5. #5
    Dude, my bike was in for rubber and hydro fluid change on Monday and I had time to kill. HD dealer down the street. I swear if a one armed paper hanger walked in they'd be asking if they wanted to take anything fro a ride. LOVE those guys.

    Anyway, took out a '17 (or was it '16?) Road Glide, the new motor, the 107. new suspension. Pretty sweet. It never ceases to amaze me how a bike can feel like such an enormous tub of lard and yet be so nimble.
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

  6. #6
    Registered User DEEKAYPEE8569's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Suthin' Merlin
    Posts
    10,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    I've gotten a lot of flack over the years, from some, for refusing to waste money on health insurance and saving big by paying cash.

    It's catching on, maybe?. ;-)

    http://www.businessinsider.com/surge...surance-2017-3
    Paying cash for health care is fine unless your total bill; say for major surgery; is something like $1000,000.00+; like mine was at the end of last year.
    No way in H*ll I could pay cash for that.
    If all you are gonna do is give me grief about what I post DON'T READ IT Heh? Have a nice day :-D

  7. #7
    Registered User DEEKAYPEE8569's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Suthin' Merlin
    Posts
    10,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    Dude, my bike was in for rubber and hydro fluid change on Monday and I had time to kill. HD dealer down the street. I swear if a one armed paper hanger walked in they'd be asking if they wanted to take anything fro a ride. LOVE those guys.

    Anyway, took out a '17 (or was it '16?) Road Glide, the new motor, the 107. new suspension. Pretty sweet. It never ceases to amaze me how a bike can feel like such an enormous tub of lard and yet be so nimble.
    ??? Larry, you sure you're posting in the correct tred? Just askin'.....
    If all you are gonna do is give me grief about what I post DON'T READ IT Heh? Have a nice day :-D

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by DEEKAYPEE8569 View Post
    ??? Larry, you sure you're posting in the correct tred? Just askin'.....
    A LONG time ago, I learnted that it doesn't matter HOW one hijacks a tread. Only that it be done.
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

  9. #9
    #*! boat! Gilligan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    38,967
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    Dude, my bike was in for rubber and hydro fluid change on Monday and I had time to kill. HD dealer down the street. I swear if a one armed paper hanger walked in they'd be asking if they wanted to take anything fro a ride. LOVE those guys.

    Anyway, took out a '17 (or was it '16?) Road Glide, the new motor, the 107. new suspension. Pretty sweet. It never ceases to amaze me how a bike can feel like such an enormous tub of lard and yet be so nimble.
    So get one already! Then I wouldn't be embarrassed to ride with you. ;-p
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

  10. #10
    #*! boat! Gilligan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    38,967
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by DEEKAYPEE8569 View Post
    Paying cash for health care is fine unless your total bill; say for major surgery; is something like $1000,000.00+; like mine was at the end of last year.
    No way in H*ll I could pay cash for that.
    That's what dirt cheap - but not Barrycare compliant - catastrophic hospitalization coverage is for.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Members who have read this thread: 60

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |