Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Passing on The Shoulder

Thats how them b*tch's R getbent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DEEKAYPEE8569 View Post
    That makes sense. Actually, around there anymore it's self preservation; gettin' outta the way of all the speeders. "As long as you do it safely" is what you might hear.
    Gotcha. I usually don't get on the shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by DEEKAYPEE8569 View Post
    Far right passing lane? "Far right" sounds like the right-turn-only lane.
    Damn, you're quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Damn, you're quick.
    If all you are gonna do is give me grief about what I post DON'T READ IT Heh? Have a nice day :-D

Damn, you're quick.
    You noticed too?

Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    How about the jackwagons that wander onto the right shoulder to make their left turns. I'm guessing the overtaking driver would be at fault even though Lane Hog has managed to NOT stay in his lane.
    I don't think it's by accident that they pull right. I've seen people at the Rt 4 entrance to WW straddle the line to block people from making a right, I've seen it at other traffic lights as well.

I do agree it's a waste of fuel to have people backed up behind someone waiting to make a left, but you have to be concerned for the people that use the shoulder to walk and bike ride
    Your signature can not be longer than 100 characters - BS

Kinda like the far right passing lane going up 235 in the afternoon.
    Does it matter? It's not like it is being policed or anything...
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    I post stupid #### all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Restitution View Post
    Does it matter? It's not like it is being policed or anything...
    I don't know how anyone can mistake that lane for other than what it's marked as, no where do you see a MERGE LEFT arrow or sign.
    What you do see is RIGHT LANE for RIGHT TURNS only and right turn arrows painted all down the lane.

But it's used for everything but right turns and the state and county Mounties don't do squat about it.
    Drivers are starting to get into the turn lane as far back as Town Creek Drive since there are no physical barriers between there and Rt 4.
    Your signature can not be longer than 100 characters - BS

I got pulled over in Owings a couple of years ago for passing on the shoulder. He "let me go" with a warning, even though I see marked patrol cars doing it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by calvcopf View Post
    I got pulled over in Owings a couple of years ago for passing on the shoulder. He "let me go" with a warning, even though I see marked patrol cars doing it all the time.
    Do as I say, not as I do mentality.
    If all you are gonna do is give me grief about what I post DON'T READ IT Heh? Have a nice day :-D

Quote Originally Posted by BernieP View Post
    Drivers are starting to get into the turn lane as far back as Town Creek Drive since there are no physical barriers between there and Rt 4.
    Well, at the very least they are breaking the law if they continue through that lane by the new Urgent Care. That lane is marked Right Turn ONLY at that intersection. If they continue straight then technically they broke the law with a moving violation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    I post stupid #### all the time.

Members who have read this thread: 138