Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Passing on The Shoulder

Passing on The Shoulder

Was reading an article about Deb Reys town hall and found that bill was passed that will allow drivers to pass on the shoulder when there is a vehicle stopped and making a left turn. Its supposed take effect on October 1st.

I don't mind if people pass me on the shoulder while I am waiting to turn left. But please SLOW the HELL DOWN when doing so. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by calvcopf View Post
    I don't mind if people pass me on the shoulder while I am waiting to turn left. But please SLOW the HELL DOWN when doing so. Thank you.
    Look at it like this, if somebody zips by you on the shoulder while you're waiting your turn TO turn.....left, and he runs off said shoulder and winds up in a ditch etc cuz he was driving too fast., you get a good laugh out of it.
    If the same person passes on the right and takes the paint or a mirror off the right side of your ride; driving by fast or not, you get body work and/or a new paint job.
    If all you are gonna do is give me grief about what I post DON'T READ IT Heh? Have a nice day :-D

Might as well make it legal. Everyone does it, including the police.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by stgislander View Post
    H*ll.....I've seen LEO's blip the lights just long enough to get through an intersection.
    If all you are gonna do is give me grief about what I post DON'T READ IT Heh? Have a nice day :-D

Thats how them b*tch's R getbent's Avatar
    Can you get a ticket if you are making a right turn, there's no turn lane just a shoulder and you use the shoulder as a turn lane? Make sense?

They call me ... Sarcasmo kom526's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DEEKAYPEE8569 View Post
    Look at it like this, if somebody zips by you on the shoulder while you're waiting your turn TO turn.....left, and he runs off said shoulder and winds up in a ditch etc cuz he was driving too fast., you get a good laugh out of it.
    If the same person passes on the right and takes the paint or a mirror off the right side of your ride; driving by fast or not, you get body work and/or a new paint job.
    How about the jackwagons that wander onto the right shoulder to make their left turns. I'm guessing the overtaking driver would be at fault even though Lane Hog has managed to NOT stay in his lane.
    Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been.

Somewhere, a teacher is crying with their red marker after reading your dribble.

Quote Originally Posted by getbent View Post
    Can you get a ticket if you are making a right turn, there's no turn lane just a shoulder and you use the shoulder as a turn lane? Make sense?
    That makes sense. Actually, around there anymore it's self preservation; gettin' outta the way of all the speeders. "As long as you do it safely" is what you might hear.

Quote Originally Posted by stgislander View Post
    Kinda like the far right passing lane going up 235 in the afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Kinda like the far right passing lane going up 235 in the afternoon.
    Far right passing lane? "Far right" sounds like the right-turn-only lane.

Members who have read this thread: 139