100 Days of Cleaning Up After Obama

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
One of the most public wins in this administration-to-administration game has been rolling back Obama's rushed-through CAFE standards, which dictate how many MPG an automaker's fleet must average. Despite announcing in 2016 that the government wouldn't publish new standards until the middle of 2017, President Obama did exactly that as fast as possible after Clinton lost. (This might be the first example of a president breaking a campaign promise after someone else's election.)

That wasn't the only mess though. Obama proved amazingly effective when his vindictiveness was roused. His administration filed suits against companies that weren't among his donors, and they checked off items from the supporter's wish lists as well.

One example is an obscure rule that the Obama administration published just before the buzzer on Jan. 9 regarding beryllium alloy production, although the original rule closed to public comment in November 2015!?!

Why the rush at the end?

Well, the Obama administration wanted to "expand" the final rule in a way that covers the construction and maritime industries – instead of just people that handle beryllium allow they wanted to cover everyone from dental technicians to abrasive blasters. One can only conclude that the administration published this rule at the 11th hour and after closing the comment period in order to shield the changes from public scrutiny, the exact reason for having a public comment period in the first place. If the rule change would have been handled transparently, OSHA might know that this closed door carve-out for organized labor is not supported by facts or data, and lumps two very different forms of beryllium exposure together regulating them as equals.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/how-t...n-up-the-messes-it-inherited/article/2007704#!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Rooting out and reversing all of King Putt's overreaching regulatory moves is a big job. Glad they are on it.

Chris0nllyn

So, Larry gets ribbed all the time about how Bush is no longer President, stop brining it up, etc.

I'm just curious of when we'll collectively do the same with Obama.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

In this case you understand the Difference :shrug: Trump's 100 days cleaning up after all of the hidden changes made in the last days of the Obama administration ...

we are not talking about 2020

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
So, Larry gets ribbed all the time about how Bush is no longer President, stop brining it up, etc.

Just as soon as all of King Putt's overreach has been erased. How about that?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Too little.

I want to hear "Obamas Fault" until 2024 to match the Obamas, precedent.

Well, that's fair... After all, we'll be subjected to the screeching and wailing of TJ and the Newb for all that time.

Here's a bit more on all the messes that need to be cleaned up....

The Nobel Peace Prize winner’s years in the White House were the most dysfunctional, schizophrenic and senseless eight years of our national foreign policy. His domestic policy was a disaster, but it was a radioactive toxic waste dump with clear and consistent goals.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/266460/obamas-chickens-coming-home-roost-daniel-greenfield

Last edited:

Hijinx

One of the most public wins in this administration-to-administration game has been rolling back Obama's rushed-through CAFE standards, which dictate how many MPG an automaker's fleet must average. Despite announcing in 2016 that the government wouldn't publish new standards until the middle of 2017, President Obama did exactly that as fast as possible after Clinton lost. (This might be the first example of a president breaking a campaign promise after someone else's election.)

That wasn't the only mess though. Obama proved amazingly effective when his vindictiveness was roused. His administration filed suits against companies that weren't among his donors, and they checked off items from the supporter's wish lists as well.

One example is an obscure rule that the Obama administration published just before the buzzer on Jan. 9 regarding beryllium alloy production, although the original rule closed to public comment in November 2015!?!

Why the rush at the end?

Well, the Obama administration wanted to "expand" the final rule in a way that covers the construction and maritime industries – instead of just people that handle beryllium allow they wanted to cover everyone from dental technicians to abrasive blasters. One can only conclude that the administration published this rule at the 11th hour and after closing the comment period in order to shield the changes from public scrutiny, the exact reason for having a public comment period in the first place. If the rule change would have been handled transparently, OSHA might know that this closed door carve-out for organized labor is not supported by facts or data, and lumps two very different forms of beryllium exposure together regulating them as equals.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/how-t...n-up-the-messes-it-inherited/article/2007704#!

Cafe standards that brought us $65,000 dollar SUV's and Pickup trucks instead of station wagons.

Chris0nllyn

Just as soon as all of King Putt's overreach has been erased. How about that?

If that's the test, we should still be talking about Bush. His overreach (Patriot Act and all that came with it) is still being felt today, and consideriong the lack of oversight, we will for quite awhile.

Just curious why people give Larry #### for brining up Bush and folks like Hijinx blames Obama for something every other post.

This_person

If that's the test, we should still be talking about Bush. His overreach (Patriot Act and all that came with it) is still being felt today, and consideriong the lack of oversight, we will for quite awhile.

Just curious why people give Larry #### for brining up Bush and folks like Hijinx blames Obama for something every other post.

With Larry, it became almost comical.

Person A: I enjoy playing chess.
Person B: I like checkers better.
Larry: Chess is Chinese, and checkers is European, and Bush ####ed up our relations with both countries.

Clearly a fabrication, but kind of sets the tone for what I'm trying to say there.

Larry isn't wrong about everything associated with Bush, and isn't right about all of it either. Just like Jinx isn't with Obama. The fact is, every president has done good and bad things. Our deficit didn't start or end with any of them, none of them are kings and can make happen what they want to make happen. We just all have different visions of what we think government should do. Bush was not the first government-expanding, liberal "conservative" president, and Clinton certainly wasn't "liberal" with a balanced budget any more than Kennedy was in trimming taxes. "Only Nixon could go to China", but he may or may not have known about a cheap-ass break-in at a competitor's campaign office, so he quit instead of fighting the scandal. Hillary Clinton doubles down on her lies - that's where we came to in 40+ years. But, Hillary must have had some good ideas at some point in time, because not everyone can earn what she has on real estate and cattle investments, y'know? Somewhere, she must be smart.

Chris0nllyn

With Larry, it became almost comical.

Person A: I enjoy playing chess.
Person B: I like checkers better.
Larry: Chess is Chinese, and checkers is European, and Bush ####ed up our relations with both countries.

Clearly a fabrication, but kind of sets the tone for what I'm trying to say there.

Larry isn't wrong about everything associated with Bush, and isn't right about all of it either. Just like Jinx isn't with Obama. The fact is, every president has done good and bad things. Our deficit didn't start or end with any of them, none of them are kings and can make happen what they want to make happen. We just all have different visions of what we think government should do. Bush was not the first government-expanding, liberal "conservative" president, and Clinton certainly wasn't "liberal" with a balanced budget any more than Kennedy was in trimming taxes. "Only Nixon could go to China", but he may or may not have known about a cheap-ass break-in at a competitor's campaign office, so he quit instead of fighting the scandal. Hillary Clinton doubles down on her lies - that's where we came to in 40+ years. But, Hillary must have had some good ideas at some point in time, because not everyone can earn what she has on real estate and cattle investments, y'know? Somewhere, she must be smart.

It's not different than Hijinx. Something not even remotely related to Obama becomes Obama's fault. I don't notice anyone bitching at him. :shrug:

tommyjo

Well, that's fair... After all, we'll be subjected to the screeching and wailing of TJ and the Newb for all that time.

Here's a bit more on all the messes that need to be cleaned up....

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/266460/obamas-chickens-coming-home-roost-daniel-greenfield

Hi dumbass,

So loved this part of your (typically) brain dead post:

The Nobel Peace Prize winner’s years in the White House were the most dysfunctional, schizophrenic and senseless eight years of our national foreign policy

So how many policies on Syria has the Trump administration had in the last 3 weeks? Have you been paying attention? No...no you likely haven't. I think the last count had it at 5...although we may be at 6 or 7 by now.

How many different policies have we had with regards to Iran's compliance with the nuclear agreement? We had one policy from Sec State one day and a completely opposing policy from the Pres the very next day.

What is our policy or any of our policies with regards to China? Are they a currency manipulator? Or not? Are they the biggest threat to American jobs or are they our bestest friends? We may never ever know as long as we are led by a President with the attention span of a gnat.

What about NATO? Obsolete? Or not? What is our policy there?

Hell in successive days the White House called for an investigation of the recent Turkish referendums just before ol President "shinny object" called Erdogan to praise him on his wonderful victory!!

The simple fact of the matter is this: The US currently has no definable foreign policy on any issue.

Hijinx

Sorry to upset you by bringing up Obama so often. I know he meant a lot to you.

Hijinx

It's not different than Hijinx. Something not even remotely related to Obama becomes Obama's fault. I don't notice anyone bitching at him. :shrug:

Isn't that what you are doing? Doesn't TJ and Midnight and this new MPD do the same thing?
Plenty of people do not agree with me little snowflake.
I have been called many things here,(but no one can say I voted for Hillary) Pretty proud of that.
Maybe you haven't been watching as they crow on me.

Dry your tears and come back with something worthwhile.

Last edited: