Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Itís Time For The Left To Stop Imposing Its Morality On Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    Let me ask this. Why did Berkely change? What brought about this change? .

I'd like to take a second and say Excellent question!!!

(who hacked your account?)

The answer is POWER. When the left was all for freedom of speech and free inquiry and open debate, they had no, or less, power. That rattled, as intended, the establishment which was very conservative socially. Keep in mind that Sal Alinskey was going, mainly, after big cities and the D machines that ran them because that's where the oppression was. Over time, that changed and there was something resembling equality in the 80's and 90's. Over more time that has changed and the left has become and remained THE establishment in much of the US and especially colleges and universities. Now, still, always, freedom of speech and free inquiry and open debate is a threat to the establishment, an establishment that is leftist.

He who has no power agitates to get it. He who has power works to keep it. It's how biology works thus it's how WE work.

Good question.
    Nepotism begins at home

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    I'd like to take a second and say Excellent question!!!

(who hacked your account?)

The answer is POWER. When the left was all for freedom of speech and free inquiry and open debate, they had no, or less, power. That rattled, as intended, the establishment which was very conservative socially.

I've got a book around here that catalogs that succinctly ....
    the more Berkley Admin gave in back in 65 or 66 the more student groups demanded more POWER and Change
    eventually these 'students' came back around and became the Professors and Administrators
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    the more Berkley Admin gave in back in 65 or 66 the more student groups demanded more POWER and Change
    eventually these 'students' came back around and became the Professors and Administrators
    The Zombie Fungus of the human race. Replaced the function of the original organism and killed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    The Zombie Fungus of the human race. Replaced the function of the original organism and killed it.
    Just so long as you understand it's not unique to the left or the right. It's a human thing. It's biology.
    Nepotism begins at home

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    Nepotism begins at home

Members who have read this thread: 45