Daily Beast: French Crypto-Fascist Candidate

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Dickey Sees French 'Crypto-Fascist' vs. 'Obama-Like' 'Thoughtful' 'Progressive'

When MSNBC contributor and Daily Beast foreign editor Christopher Dickey appears to fill in MSNBC viewers on European politics, it's often not long before his contempt for conservatives is made obvious. On Saturday's MSNBC Live, Dickey tagged right-wing French presidential candidate Marine Le Pen as a "crypto-fascist" and recalled that the French public believe President Donald Trump is "nuts."

By contrast, Dickey fawned over "progressive" candidate Emmanuel Macron as an "Obama-like" "moderate" who was "thoughtful" enough not to "try to capitalize" on the most recent terrorist attack in Paris.

After MSNBC host Sheinelle Jones asked if the attack would have an effect on the upcoming presidential election. Dickey took aim at Le Pen as he began:

Well, I think that Marine Le Pen -- and President Trump seems to be casting himself as an admirer of Marine Le Pen, who is essentially a crypto-fascist candidate -- I think that she could benefit. She certainly expects that she will benefit from this nervousness.

Crypto-fascism is a pejorative term for the secret support for, or admiration of, fascism. The common usage is "crypto-fascist", one who practices this support. The term is used to imply that an individual or group keeps this support or admiration hidden to avoid political persecution or political suicide.​

the only Fascism I see is coming from the left