Dont make eye contact ....

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Oxford University: Students Who Avoid Making Eye Contact With People Are Racist. Yes, This Is Real Life.

“The university’s Equality and Diversity Unit has advised students that 'not speaking directly to people' could be deemed a ‘racial microaggression’ which can lead to ‘mental ill-health,’ ” reports The Telegraph. “Other examples of 'everyday racism' include asking someone where they are ‘originally’ from, students were told.”

This is real life. Not satire. Not parody.

The Telegraph continues, explaining the sheer depth of Oxford’s plunge into the pits of leftist delusion:

Oxford University's Equality and Diversity Unit explains in its Trinity term newsletter that "some people who do these things may be entirely well-meaning, and would be mortified to realise that they had caused offence.

But this is of little consequence if a possible effect of their words or actions is to suggest to people that they may fulfil a negative stereotype, or do not belong.

... you might be racist

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Goes against what I was taught... to always look at a person face, includes the eyes, when speaking. It has always been considered rude not to.

There are a few mental illnesses, such as Autism, in which the person cannot look someone in the eye. Or you could just be overly shy. Lots of reasons why someone can't look you in the eye.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
There are a few mental illnesses, such as Autism, in which the person cannot look someone in the eye. Or you could just be overly shy. Lots of reasons why someone can't look you in the eye.

Schizophrenics have trouble with this, too.

SamSpade

I am sure somewhere there's a nitwit professor who will say that looking people in the eye is also racist.

I'm wondering if these folks realize they are seriously diluting attention that ought to be spent addressing racism by calling foul at every turn.
When everything is racist, nothing is.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I am sure somewhere there's a nitwit professor who will say that looking people in the eye is also racist.

I'm wondering if these folks realize they are seriously diluting attention that ought to be spent addressing racism by calling foul at every turn.
When everything is racist, nothing is.

Ah, but therein lies the underlying problem; there is NO such thing as 'racism'. We're all the same race. 'Racism' is a construct to avoid conversations about cultural differences. If you and I were to argue the behavior, ideas and traditions of group/tribe A vs. group/tribe B and chalk it all up to one group being less interested in ongoing development compared to another, it becomes a judgment at some point and we can't have that! Now, if we skip the differences and can go right to a glaring difference, say skin color, then we got us a WRONG that must be righted (monetized)!

Syria is a great example. Those people are fighting over tribe and minor differences having all the 'racism' and division of, say, a black/white problem yet with NONE of the simple minded differences such as skin color. Instead of ski, those people hate one another with the same ferocity of skin color hatred yet over the smallest of differences. Iran is profoundly 'racist' in the same way. Native American's did it. EVERYONE does it or did it. Germans did and still do it with regional differences being the deal between say, a Bavarian and someone from Cologne or other metro are; same things as the sneering we do at Appalachians.

"Racism' is a scam, a snake oil business. We're ALL the same race.

Hijinx

Anyone who comes up with weird off the wall garbage like not looking someone in the eye or looking someone in the eye is racist is a looney tunes SOB from the word go.

From what comes out at these institutions of higher learning it's a damned shame to send a sane person in the prime of their youth to be subjected to such insanity.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Actually, it's scientific: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1762596/pdf/ajhg00443-0003.pdf

Now, "we're all one race - the human race" (say with "we are the world" playing in the background) is a social construct. Science reveals something a bit different.

The genic difference between us and chimps is as little as .01% and, at most, about 1% and that is an ENORMOUS difference. Your source is splitting hairs from the same head. But, hey, you go ahead and stake your claim on research that 43 years old.

This_person

The genic difference between us and chimps is as little as .01% and, at most, about 1% and that is an ENORMOUS difference. Your source is splitting hairs from the same head. But, hey, you go ahead and stake your claim on research that 43 years old.

How old is that research on electricity? Hasn't changed a hell of a lot. How about pasteurization? Seems that's kind of old, too; but it is accurate.

What is inaccurate about the science as reported by the National Institute of Health?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
How old is that research on electricity? Hasn't changed a hell of a lot. ?

Please tell me you're kidding.

The electrical engineers on hear about to swoop down on that soon to be road kill. The things we do now with electricity, within electrical circuits, were, at best, theories 40 years ago, things we might some day be able to do.