Raping the bay, 213 illegal rockfish taken

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Something very peculiar is going on but I can't seem to quite get it.

Fish & game violations should come with denying future licenses to these people. Also perhaps check on immigration stati.

24 people receiving citations and 213 striped bass being seized.

Julio Mauricio Baquedano Moran, 22, of Greensboro, North Carolina
Luis Galeano Baquedano, 18, of Silver Spring
Samuel Nolasco Pacheco, 33, of Lanham
Javier Reyes, 33, of Mount Ranier
Ivan Alexis Interiano Gladamez, 21, of Germantown
Natividad Interiano Gladamez, 44
Hermilo Sanchez Bentra, 24, of Gaithersburg
Manuel Barahona Cruz, 33, of Temple Hill
Angie Campos Avila, 31, of Alexandria, Virginia
Moises DeJesus Majano Canales, 36
Maria Yohana Barahona Cruz, 34, of Oxon Hill
Daniel Escobar Alvarado, 33,
Ana Cuellar Jimenez, 42,
Genesis Ivania Cuellar, 22
Jose Roberto Medrano, 20
John Bradak Medrano Canales, 27, of Temple Hill,
Hector Samuel Martenez Carpio, 37,
Esvin Leonel Najera Bueco, 22,
Edinson Leonel Bueco Luch, 22,
Ferdy Misael Bueco Luch, 24
Raul Antonio Bueco Berganza, 28

Lenin Gonzalez Fuentes, 35
Edgar Fuentes DeMata,
Fernando Geov Vasquez Bautista, 38, of Hyattsville

we don't need no stinkin fishing regs

black dog

Free America
They don't do #### to the local boys that made millions selling illegal rockfish,
.Why do anything to most likely illegals​ and outside​ of staters.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Please note the surnames of the perpetrators.........and it's not because they are hungry....

Same thing going on at Point Lookout State Park...

Clem72

Probably all illegal as well

I am all for throwing the book at these guys. Don't think taking away their right to a fishing license will matter though (seems unlikely they had one to start given the flagrant violations). But what the hell is with the over-charging.

We gonna ticket you for catching this fish out of season. And for catching too many of them (redundant, 1 was too many), and for them being too small (doubly redundant), and for catching these out of season small fish in the wrong area (triply redundant), and for catching too many of the too small fish out of season in the wrong area and at the wrong time of day (quadruply redundant).

There is no too many, if none are allowed.
There is no too small (since no size would be allowable).
There is no wrong location (since there are no right locations)
There is no wrong time of day (since there is no right time of day)

I mean holy shet. I get why these are all different charges, but they obviously overlap in this case and as such the one with the harshest penalty should be the only one included.

Last edited:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
They don't do #### to the local boys that made millions selling illegal rockfish,
.Why do anything to most likely illegals​ and outside​ of staters.

A few were made to pay.

Thomas L. Hallock, a commercial fisherman licensed in Maryland, was sentenced today in U.S. District Court in Greenbelt, Md., to 12 months in prison, for illegally overfishing striped bass also known as rockfish, the Justice Department announced.He was also fined $4,000 and ordered to pay restitution in the amount of $40,000

John W. Dean of Scotland, Md., was sentenced today to one month in prison followed by five months of home detention. He was also fined $1,000 and ordered to pay $10,000 in restitution. Dean was responsible for overharvesting over $100,267 worth of rockfish.
Thomas Crowder Jr. of Leonardtown, Md., was sentenced on April 28, 2009, to serve 15 months in prison followed by three years supervised release. He was also ordered to pay a $5,000 fine and $96,250 in restitution. Crowder was responsible for overharvesting over $956,200 worth of rockfish.
Charles Quade of Churchtown, Md., was sentenced on April 27, 2009, to five months in prison followed by five months home detention as part of three years of supervised release. He was also ordered to pay a $1,000 fine and $15,000 in restitution. Quade was responsible for overharvesting over $151,500 worth of rockfish.

Robert Lumpkins, owner of Golden Eye Seafood LLC, of St. Mary’s County, Md., was sentenced to 18 months in prison and the company was sentenced today to 3 years probation by U.S. District Judge Peter J. Messitte after a two day sentencing hearing in the District of Maryland, the Justice Department announced.
Additionally, they were sentenced to pay a fine of $36,000 and restitution of $164,040.50 along with a special assessment of $1,600.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/mary...-sentenced-prison-illegal-harvesting-rockfish

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/seaf...tenced-conspiracy-illegally-harvest-rock-fish

black dog

Free America
The Lumpkins Family, what a great bunch of law abiding waterman. Let's just start with the great rockfish caper. It was what approximately 600,000 lbs of illegal rockfish at what 2.60+ a pound on the whole then. That's only a few million in rockfish, not to talk about the Croaker's, White Perch and largemouth poaching they have done. And that's just what they have been cought with. All licenses , equipment and property involved should have been siezed long ago with a bunch of the above list. For the cash that was harvested the penalties and time served were nothing.
I believe all still have there commercial licenses.

black dog

Free America
Except for all the jail time and huge fines, you mean...??

Tell me, would you do 18 months or less, and you and your family pick up a few million on the deal..And you get to keep all personal and business assets that were made from illegal fishing & buying..

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Tell me, would you do 18 months or less, and you and your family pick up a few million on the deal..And you get to keep all personal and business assets that were made from illegal fishing & buying..

How much is being Bubba's bitch worth to you?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Can't say..never faced that situation myself.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The museum pier over here gets a ton of Latinos with VA tags on their vans.

Same with Bushwood Wharf. It was good to see DNR pull up to the check everyone. It's a shame they had to work Easter Sunday, but crime doesn't take a holiday.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The museum pier over here gets a ton of Latinos with VA tags on their vans.

Wow...all the way down there. Where do they park? I didn't even know that was a fishing pier.

Apparently they have not "discovered" the two public piers over on White Neck.... I never see more than two or three folks fishing off the River Springs one and almost never see anyone fishing off the one opposite.

Clem72

DNR has been a regular presence at the Piney Point ramp/park area too..said area also always popular with the Latino fishermen.

That's literally every public park with access to the water. Sometimes it seems like you could walk the whole beach stepping from one discarded corona bottle to the next without ever touching the sand.

Not sure what it is about the Latinos, but it's not just a problem here. Years and years ago when I lived on Long Island, Latinos would invade the private beaches, take up all the parking reserved for sticker-ed locals, over-fish, leave dead carcasses and trash everywhere. Every week there would be more and more as word spread within their community. Efforts to remove them never worked.

lovinmaryland

12-42 months??? Over a fish?

DNR does not mess around! We got a ticket for fishing w/ out a license because it was "not on our person" it was in our back pack 5 feet from us. It wasn't a cheap ticket either it was like $150 or so. Never made that mistake again.