CO2 Good, News at 11

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is a peece of the Continent, a part of the maine; if a Clod bee washed away by the Sea, Europe is the lesse, as well as if a Promontorie were, as well as if a Mannor of thy friends or of thine owne were; any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde; And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee.

The time grows short...

stgislander

PREMO Member
I can hear TJ working furiously trying to find other (likely govt) studies to refute this report. One reviewer actually worked for Amoco and Exxon (gasp), and I'm sure all of them voted for Trump.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I can hear TJ working furiously trying to find other (likely govt) studies to refute this report. One reviewer actually worked for Amoco and Exxon (gasp), and I'm sure all of them voted for Trump.

It is irrefutable. It is astonishing that so much has been staked on a claim so far out on a limb as CO2 concentrations. This, long ago, became religion and, based on that, if you believe, no evidence will disabuse you. And you if perceive the basis of faith, rationally, no emotions, regardless of how deep and over wrought, can convince of something that simply is NOT.

The crime here is in the progress we COULD be making if we were to set aside superstitions and feelings.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It is astonishing that so much has been staked on a claim so far out on a limb as CO2 concentrations. .

I don't find any of it astonishing at all, when firmly keeping the actual goals in focus: The diminution of the largest economies - US in particular - and transfer of that wealth to third world. The Great Leveling that is a key and necessary component of One World governance. With all that at stake, anything goes.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I don't find any of it astonishing at all, when firmly keeping the actual goals in focus: The diminution of the largest economies - US in particular - and transfer of that wealth to third world. The Great Leveling that is a key and necessary component of One World governance. With all that at stake, anything goes.

Now THAT I disagree with. The goal is NOT to reduce OUR economy. It's to 'progress' to a global economy. In many respects, this is intelligent thought. Consider; a global agreement on CO2 emissions forms the basis for global governance. One where wild catters in 4th world hell holes can't go strike it rich and leave ecological disasters behind. Tin pot energy dictators power goes away when they are forced into the international collective. They give up the thing power they hold and get paid off for it. That means less civil wars, less strife that, nowadays, is centered around the power struggles over exploiting resources. THAT makes sense if you're a globalist. Or neocon. That it 'reduces' our economy is to misinterpret that our energy sector isn't already global. We give up a fake sense of nationalism in exchange for, say, Exxon being a truly global company that has the backing of the global government.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Now THAT I disagree with. The goal is NOT to reduce OUR economy..

Yes it is. That's not the "objective", per se, but it is absolutely what must happen to float everyone else higher. It already has been happening. Barry was 100% good with that.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yes it is. That's not the "objective", per se, but it is absolutely what must happen to float everyone else higher. It already has been happening. Barry was 100% good with that.

No, it's not. Exxon, to stay with the example (pick another if you like) will only get bigger in the New World Order of Bush 41. To say Obama is on board with 41 and 43 is pretty much a 'duh' moment. You could argue Exxon would then become 'less' American and use a nationalism argument and make the point but not an over economic reduction argument. Use you for example. Your company could end up being bought by, name someone big in your sector, and be LESS American as that corporation expanded globally but, over all, in terms of economic growth, the US economy will continue to ascend.

Looked at another way, because we have a fiat economy, one where QE and TARP and all of that is now accepted, you can't really even look at our economy as a real thing on the macro level in the first place. It WILL be supported to whatever extent is necessary and in no small part due to the interdependency of other nations who, while you are concerned about their 'elevation' at our expense, are actually dealing with the same thing; losing THEIR identity and autonomy while still growing over all as they, in their turn are a part of the ever growing NWO.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
YES

US / Capitalism = Evil

must take from the rich, take my cut and disburse the rest to the 3rd world countries

Capitalism as you understand the term is GONE except on the local level. Too Big To Fail is socio-capitalist and is the order of the day, the backbone of the NWO.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Capitalism as you understand the term is GONE except on the local level. Too Big To Fail is socio-capitalist and is the order of the day, the backbone of the NWO.

yeah somewhat ..... progressives on the environmental side still rail against "capitalism" and evil businesses owned by corporations

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
There has been a "movement" afoot to level the economic status of the world population for a long time now. The proponents have latched on to various quackery to further progress toward their goals; at one point it was actually the predicted impending ice age, fer crying out loud. The Euro-peons got sucked farther in to this round than we did and put some of the wealth transfer mechanisms in place. Which is funny..or ironic..since my company benefited from a bunch of new business funded by the Carbon Trust. ha ha. Barry wanted to also do that...Al Gore even bet large on that. Sorry Al.

Last edited: