Trump presidency like King of the Ring

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Supposedly the Democrat Party is losing their base, but I'm seeing a lot more Republicans who are sick and tired of the GOP and their crap. So if nothing else, Trump has #woke the public and caused them to question their party loyalty. I think that is a tremendous accomplishment.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Supposedly the Democrat Party is losing their base, but I'm seeing a lot more Republicans who are sick and tired of the GOP and their crap. So if nothing else, Trump has #woke the public and caused them to question their party loyalty. I think that is a tremendous accomplishment.

So what do you think this means for either Party? Do we see a mass defection of progressives to the Greens, or conservatives to the Constitution Party? My thinking is both groups remain in their respective parties and continue to bitch about their leadership year after year.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
So if nothing else, Trump has #woke the public and caused them to question their party loyalty.

I have not changed, the party did trying to become 'DEM Lite' in an effort to remain relevant and get people elected ...

Now we have the 'UNI-Party' Dems and Reps and those outside the establishment

SamSpade

I think the thought is, if Trump sticks to holding the wall in the budget - he's going to have a shutdown.

And the Democrats know that the press will ALWAYS make a government shutdown the fault of the Republicans.
It makes no difference whose fault it is, or who has the ability to end it - the GOP will *always* be blamed for it.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I think the thought is, if Trump sticks to holding the wall in the budget - he's going to have a shutdown.

And the Democrats know that the press will ALWAYS make a government shutdown the fault of the Republicans.
It makes no difference whose fault it is, or who has the ability to end it - the GOP will *always* be blamed for it.

:clap:

Hijinx

This is true. Republicans will get the blame for the shut down if there is one.
Many Republicans are Democrats in disguise. We need to vote them out, but to do that we may be putting real Democrats in.
If we could primary them that would work, but it won't happen.
The Islander is right we will leave the old ones in and bitch about them.
As for Ryan , we had Boehner in the Speakers chair and he sucked.
So they put Ryan there and he sucks.
Myself I would like to see Trey Gowdy there, but I don't see it happening.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Sheeet. It don't no easier than this for Trump. All he's gotta do is keeping running his mouth about how great everything is gonna be, we're goinna do this, that and the other thing, the more outrageous overly optimistic, the better. Let congress, left and right, stop every single one.

It doesn't hurt Trump, at all. It gives him a free pass.

He wins, day. You can't hold him responsible for the poor outcome of his half baked ideas if they never get tried.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My thinking is both groups remain in their respective parties and continue to bitch about their leadership year after year.

My thinking is that you're probably right.

But I would so love to see our noxious political fiefdoms destroyed.

Hijinx

My thinking is that you're probably right.

But I would so love to see our noxious political fiefdoms destroyed.

Amen to that, Wouldn't it be great to see the people who supposedly represent us to vote individually for what they think is best for America?

Politics in the Congress is go along to get along. And it sucks.