Boom!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Not saying he does or doesn't. I'm just curious what you think Trump has done to help businesses, or to cause the stock market to go up.

The gains are in response to what Trump said he will do..not so much what he's done so far, although there has already been a lot of regulatory pain alleviated. It will be very interesting to see what happens with his tax proposals...

Chris0nllyn

The gains are in response to what Trump said he will do..not so much what he's done so far, although there has already been a lot of regulatory pain alleviated. It will be very interesting to see what happens with his tax proposals...

Right. I'm hoping he lives up to his promises.

If not....what goes up must come down.

Though I'm loving the returns on my 401k right now.

Wishbone

Id say not plotting, planning and acting to burden, suppress and kill business is a good start over his democrap predecessor.

awpitt

Main Streeter
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/25/us-markets.html

Nasdaq breaks above 6,000 for the first time on strong earnings; Dow jumps more than 150 points

Making America great again! :patriot:

This is good. While Trump really hasn't done anything to directly impact this. He has been talking pro business and it is showing. So far, the DJI has grown 5.7% during the Trump presidency. In comparison, at this point in the Obama presidency, the DJI grew by 2.1%; however, that was after an initial 11.7% loss when the market had bottomed out from the previous year's losses one month into the Obama Admin. So, between month one and month three (Feb - Apr 2009), there was 13.8% of growth in the market. By month four of Obama, there was a net gain of 6.2%.

So, while 5.7% net growth is a good thing, it's not anything to write home about. Especially considering there was 13.8% of growth between month two and month four of the previous administration.

Interesting graphs here... http://www.macrotrends.net/2481/stock-market-performance-by-president

DJI Net Growth Three Months In...
Trump 5.7%
Obama 2.1%
Bush 43 -1.4%
Clinton 3.6%
Bush 41 3.3%
Reagan 5.3%

DJI Net Growth Entire Term...
Trump TBD
Obama 148.3%
Bush 43 -26.5%
Clinton 228.9%
Bush 41 41.3%
Reagan 147.3%

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
This is good. While Trump really hasn't done anything to directly impact this. He has been talking pro business and it is showing.

other than getting elected :shrug:

yes, talking PRO Business is about all a Preident can do, other that promoting policies to reduce taxes and regulation

'EVERYONE' just knew Obama was going to 'increase' regulations and taxes .... which is why business sat on trillions in cash doing nothing

awpitt

Main Streeter
other than getting elected :shrug:

yes, talking PRO Business is about all a Preident can do, other that promoting policies to reduce taxes and regulation

'EVERYONE' just knew Obama was going to 'increase' regulations and taxes .... which is why business sat on trillions in cash doing nothing

The DJI grew by 148% under Obama. That doesn't happen without a pro-business environment. The only better recent performance period for the DJI was under Clinton. Imagine that, two Dems.

This_person

The DJI grew by 148% under Obama. That doesn't happen without a pro-business environment. The only better recent performance period for the DJI was under Clinton. Imagine that, two Dems.

Consumer confidence is the highest it's been since 2000. Business confidence is higher than it ever was during the Obama presidency. Hard to turn around too quickly.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Consumer confidence is the highest it's been since 2000. Business confidence is higher than it ever was during the Obama presidency. Hard to turn around too quickly.

Well, if you want to measure things by consumer confidence, that didn't happen overnight. The foundations for that started quite awhile ago, during the previous administration. The economic indicators were much better when Obama left office than what they were when he entered office. Very much better. Obama handed Trump the American economy on a silver platter. I just hope Trump will continue to build upon that.

This_person

Well, if you want to measure things by consumer confidence, that didn't happen overnight. The foundations for that started quite awhile ago, during the previous administration. The economic indicators were much better when Obama left office than what they were when he entered office. Very much better. Obama handed Trump the American economy on a silver platter. I just hope Trump will continue to build upon that.

The polls seem to suggest it changed entirely due to Nov 8.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The foundations for that started quite awhile ago, during the previous administration. .

What and how..specifically? All I saw was the SCOAMF presiding over what turned out to the longest, slowest and most anemic recovery from recession in modern US history. Barry's anti-business stance is now legendary.