Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bill Nye Isnt Really a Science Guy But Hell Play One on TV to Push His Leftist Agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    FAIL.

Tyson is the real deal. Comparing him and Nye is like comparing a mall cop to a Navy SEAL.
    AS LONG AS he stays in his area of expertise - astrophysics. Astronomy.

Biology? Economics? Environmental Science? Pretty much the same as any other smart guy who isn't a biologist or economist or environmental scientist.
    Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

One of the few scientists I've ever been truly in awe of is Richard Feynman. My mentor, a PhD Scientist, researcher, missile guidance guru, and former Stanford professor, was a friend of Feynman's and had a very similar life view and sense of humor.

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/a...p_feynman.html
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    One of the few scientists I've ever been truly in awe of is Richard Feynman. My mentor, a PhD Scientist, researcher, missile guidance guru, and former Stanford professor, was a friend of Feynman's and had a very similar life view and sense of humor.

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/a...p_feynman.html
    I think I have about four of his books - and a biography which ISN'T the one he wrote.
    Great guy.

Just before he died, I read one of those "Personal Glimpses" pieces they used to run in Reader's Digest. A man wrote to him knowing his mother respected his opinion and told him she insisted a particular quote was from the Bible, and he knew it was from Shakespeare. "Please set my mom straight" he asked. (This of course was before the days of the Internet when you could check anything).

Feynman answered "Apologize to your mother - some things are more important than being right".
    Last edited by SamSpade; 04-28-2017 at 04:02 PM.
    Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    Trolled...

Name:  Leap year.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  13.7 KB
    LOL

I always thought he looked like Al Sharpton and Sinbad had a baby.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

At least Tyson has a degree in his field. and not some mouthpiece for the cause. He is, as many scientist, paid for by the highest bidder!
    Bill Nye was great for teaching your kids about "how to make a volcano" at home, but GMO's, and any other topic related to the issues, he changes, like the wind!

well put!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.