Erasing history...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Uh, anyone read the link? Why do we want to keep a monument to white supremacists killing cops?

If you had read the link, that was only one of many monuments, and probably the only one the removal of which few would have a problem with.

I'm glad I had the opportunity to see the others before they disappear.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If you had read the link, that was only one of many monuments, and probably the only one the removal of which few would have a problem with.

I'm glad I had the opportunity to see the others before they disappear.

I DID read the link. That's how I found THAT one.

As for the others, Lee was a Virginian. Louisianans didn't even serve under him. And Davis was a supremacist. Isn't that a bit much for public display?

PT at least makes some sense as a favored and native son.

In any event, they're not destroyed.

I don't get the monument thing. Never did. All the generals in DC, bleh. What touches me is the battle fields.

Midnightrider

I DID read the link. That's how I found THAT one.

As for the others, Lee was a Virginian. Louisianans didn't even serve under him. And Davis was a supremacist. Isn't that a bit much for public display?

PT at least makes some sense as a favored and native son.

In any event, they're not destroyed.

I don't get the monument thing. Never did. All the generals in DC, bleh. What touches me is the battle fields.

not to mention Lee never set foot in NO......

besides, this one, and most likely all of the ones erected during that time, were put up as an FU to the north and to blacks. The inscription that was added spoke to the true intention of the monument.

history is not being erased, a monument put up by a bunch of bigots is rightfully being taken down by the people. If you want to learn about the history google it. its still there. You can probably even buy a book on amazon about it even though the monument was taken down.

Midnightrider

Beyond disingenuous..as usual. But you excel at that. Dismantling monuments and googling are completely unrelated, Mo.

i know that googling is really hard for you, but anyone who wants to learn about the battle of liberty place all they have to do is ask siri. taking down a monument that was meant to be an insult to blacks and the rest of the country doesnt change that.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
i know that googling is really hard for you, but anyone who wants to learn about the battle of liberty place all they have to do is ask siri. taking down a monument that was meant to be an insult to blacks and the rest of the country doesnt change that.

Here's where you can explain how the Beauregard, Davis or Lee monuments were insults. I'll wait.

Restitution

I guess someone better start chiseling Mount Rushmore! Couple slave owners there! Who cares what place they hold in history.... :sarcasm:

Midnightrider

Here's where you can explain how the Beauregard, Davis or Lee monuments were insults. I'll wait.

I will as soon as you can explain why the people of NO should keep ANY monument they want to remove.

plus its already been covered in this thread.....

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
try reading dumbass

well a lot of people were against it being placed and the inscriptions added. :shrug:

Which monument are you referring to? Lee's ?...Davis' ?..Beauregard's?

I wonder when they are going to change the name of my GG Grandfather's alma mater back to just Washington College?

Midnightrider

Which monument are you referring to? Lee's ?...Davis' ?..Beauregard's?

I wonder when they are going to change the name of my GG Grandfather's alma mater back to just Washington College?

god damn you are stupid, and it looks like I broke your dumb ass again