Prisoner Swap

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

No, you're not. The problem is this;
“I can’t say that I am surprised in the least by these most recent findings of secrecy, lacking transparency, and utter incompetency. The Obama administration sought to appease the Iranians at any and all cost.”

Once the ACA was done, a fiasco of epic proportions, the die was cast; Obama wanted certain things, HIS health care bill, HIS economic achievement, HIS foreign policy achievement and it mattered not one little bit if they worked or not; ANY bill or action was better than NO bill or action. He wanted Iran on his resume and was willing to pay the price. I think we became resigned to it. I mean, there was no way a supplicant press was gonna utter a discouraging word and the GOP had long since become an inert element that did NOTHING so exhausting as standing up for SOMETHING when sitting and opposing was so much less taxing and so effective.

Libya should have been a national outrage as should have Syria. But, then, in context, the nation had already accepted the TSA, DHS, Med D, TARP, Iraq and A'stan as failures so, it's hard to gin up new outrage when no one cared much about all of that. Trump exploited this with his 'we never win anymore' line. We're used to losing. :shrug: