ACLU defends Coulter: ‘We must protect speech’

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
ACLU defends Coulter: ‘We must protect speech’

“There will be no speech,” she told Reuters. “I looked over my shoulder and my allies had joined the other team.”

“It’s a sad day for free speech,” Coulter told The New York Times. “Everyone who should believe in free speech fought against it or ran away.”

Young America’s Foundation, the group that had sponsored Coulter’s planned speech Thursday, said, “Berkeley made it impossible to hold a lecture due to the lack of assurances for protections from foreseeable violence from unrestrained leftist agitators."

“Berkeley should be ashamed for creating this hostile atmosphere,” the group added in a statement, noting the school police’s “stand-down” policy.

The Berkeley College Republicans, another sponsor of Coulter’s visit, also reportedly voiced fears about the event’s atmosphere.

Hijinx

What does anyone think Berkeley can be with Obama's former suck butt Janet Napolitano running it.?

This_person

Should set Ms. Coulter up with a gofundme page for security, since the ones paid with tax dollars to protect her won't.

PsyOps

Pixelated
“It’s a sad day for free speech,” Coulter told The New York Times.

And this defines the left: radical, violent, intolerant, fascists. And the rest of the country idly sits by......... complacent. "It doesn't affect me, why should I care?"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And this defines the left: radical, violent, intolerant, fascists. And the rest of the country idly sits by......... complacent. "It doesn't affect me, why should I care?"

And the gutless Right says, "Yeah, we don't want to get involved," and backs off.

So...?