Crime BP Robbery; Dunkirk; April 25, 2017

Editor

somd.com Editor
Staff member
PREMO Member
Patron
Hey, I've got an idea. Let's rob a store and we'll wear bright red clothes and shoes with unique art work on our sweatshirts. I realize we could all wear black generic sweatshirts and pants that we could buy at WalMart that sell by the millions across the country, but, we're cool badasses.

On April 25, 2017 at 10:32 pm deputies were dispatched to the BP gas station at 2975 West Chesapeake Beach Road, Dunkirk, for a report of a robbery in progress. When deputies arrived the suspects were already gone. The investigation revealed a total of 4 suspects, one of which displayed a handgun, robbed the clerk of money and merchandise. The Calvert County Sheriff's Office is actively investigating this case, and is seeking the public's assistance in identifying these individuals. Anyone with any information is urged to contact Detective Quinn at 410-535-1600 ext 2596 or quinnmj@co.cal.md.us.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 405
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 299
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 475
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 289
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 255

Wishbone

What a wonderful world it could be if scum like this were just shot and left in place for the coroner.

It'd be great to see the crime rate plummet for a change.

Chris0nllyn

What a wonderful world it could be if scum like this were just shot and left in place for the coroner.

It'd be great to see the crime rate plummet for a change.

Crime is at its lowest in decades. Violent crime rate in particular dropped 50% between 1993 and 2015 according to the FBI, and 77% during that same time frame according to BJS. There's an expectation that violent crime rates, murder rates in particular, will rise between 2015 and 2016, as they did between 2014 and 2015 (at a rate increase of 3%), but it doesn't change the overall theme of dropping crime rates (violent, in particular) for some time now.

So, unless you've been living under a rock, or choose to completely ignore statistics, crime rates have plummeted for a change.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

So, unless you've been living under a rock, or choose to completely ignore statistics, crime rates have plummeted for a change.

Unless of course if a lot crimes haven't been reported at all. Or, have not been categorized or even logged. Besides, what's the point to report anyway? Nothing investigatory never gets done. Unless of course you are a corporation or someone very influential. Rest of the time "law enforcement" is about writing tickets and revenue collecting.

Chris0nllyn

If I may ...

Unless of course if a lot crimes haven't been reported at all. Or, have not been categorized or even logged. Besides, what's the point to report anyway? Nothing investigatory never gets done. Unless of course you are a corporation or someone very influential. Rest of the time "law enforcement" is about writing tickets and revenue collecting.

Yea, I guess you could claim people simply aren't reporting crimes anymore. Nevermind the need to have police reports for insurance purposes. I'm sure stores that get robbed simply say "Psh, cops don't care. We'll let this ride because nothign will happen anyway."

FYI, BJS reports use information provided by people, not police reports.

This area rarely has cops near it. It's right at the Calvert/Anne Arundel line. Based on the outdoor camera photo, they came from the Rt.4 side, not the Rt.260 side. My guess is a couple ####heads from Waysons Corner.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I can tell you the 45 years ago no one that I knew of and those days lock their doors in the county we had to worry about their #### being stolen when they're away from home. Didn't have the violent crime anywhere near this level in Lexington Park nor the property crimes at the level they are anywhere else in the county

I don't put any faith in statistics prepared by people whose job it is to manipulate them.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Yea, I guess you could claim people simply aren't reporting crimes anymore. Nevermind the need to have police reports for insurance purposes. I'm sure stores that get robbed simply say "Psh, cops don't care. We'll let this ride because nothign will happen anyway." FYI, BJS reports use information provided by people, not police reports. This area rarely has cops near it. It's right at the Calvert/Anne Arundel line. Based on the outdoor camera photo, they came from the Rt.4 side, not the Rt.260 side. My guess is a couple ####heads from Waysons Corner.

It was an in general comment. Sure though, regular people are going to get in touch with the Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) when something bad happens and file a report. But yes, those big stores owned by big corporations will have always have a police presence or report takers. And yes, this happened at that most expensive gas station in Dunkirk. Always .10-.15 cent higher, or more, than anyone around. I always like spending a few dollars more when I fill up my car with the same gas as every other station rather than go across the street, said no one. Except those better-than-thou-and-everyone-else pukes in Dunkirk.

Chris0nllyn

If I may ...

It was an in general comment. Sure though, regular people are going to get in touch with the Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) when something bad happens and file a report. But yes, those big stores owned by big corporations will have always have a police presence or report takers. And yes, this happened at that most expensive gas station in Dunkirk. Always .10-.15 cent higher, or more, than anyone around. I always like spending a few dollars more when I fill up my car with the same gas as every other station rather than go across the street, said no one. Except those better-than-thou-and-everyone-else pukes in Dunkirk.

BP always seems to be higher in price. Gotta pay for that snake oil "Invigorate" gas treatment! :lol:

BTW, this is the BP on 260 where it meets Rt.4. Not the BP in Dunkirk near Giant.

officeguy

Crime is at its lowest in decades. Violent crime rate in particular dropped 50% between 1993 and 2015 according to the FBI, and 77% during that same time frame according to BJS. There's an expectation that violent crime rates, murder rates in particular, will rise between 2015 and 2016, as they did between 2014 and 2015 (at a rate increase of 3%), but it doesn't change the overall theme of dropping crime rates (violent, in particular) for some time now.

Fun with numbers. In MD, the tail is wagging the dog when it comes to violent crime. The 300k who live in two of the red-zone sectors of Baltimore determine the homicide rate for a 5.5mil state. For the personal safety of someone in SoMD, the number of drug pushers offing each other in Baltimore has little consequence. Did the number of armed robberies, home invasions and non-domestic murders in SoMD seen the same miraculous drop since '92?

Chris0nllyn

Fun with numbers. In MD, the tail is wagging the dog when it comes to violent crime. The 300k who live in two of the red-zone sectors of Baltimore determine the homicide rate for a 5.5mil state. For the personal safety of someone in SoMD, the number of drug pushers offing each other in Baltimore has little consequence. Did the number of armed robberies, home invasions and non-domestic murders in SoMD seen the same miraculous drop since '92?

According to Sheriff Mike Evans of Calvert County in his 2014 annual report (latest one available on Calvert's website),
I am proud to announce serious crime is once again down by four percent, and over the past five years crime is down by 20 percent.
http://www.co.cal.md.us/DocumentCenter/View/10963