Are their any promises left to break?

tommyjo

The one about pulling out of NAFTA has now been erased:

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump said he has told the leaders of Mexico and Canada that he will not pull out of the North American Free Trade Agreement at this time, but could still withdraw if he concludes a renegotiated pact is not "a fair deal for all."

Trump tweeted early Thursday that he has agreed to remain a partner in the much-discussed trade agreement in calls he received from Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. The White House released a statement late Wednesday saying only that Trump had assured the two leaders in phone conversations that the U.S. would not withdraw from NAFTA at this time.

In his Twitter post, Trump called America's relationships with the two hemispheric neighbors "very good" and said the prospects of a renegotiated deal are "very possible." But he also said that his consent to remaining in NAFTA for now is "subject to the fact that if we do not reach a fair deal for all, we will then terminate NAFTA."

https://www.apnews.com/3ca363efc848400884e7d1af330bbd6a/Trump-says-US-won't-leave-NAFTA-_-for-now

Another 180 degree reversal of position by President Shiny Object...that noise you hear isn't that great sucking sound...it's the rest of the world laughing hysterically at us.

In his Twitter post, Trump called America's relationships with the two hemispheric neighbors "very good" and said the prospects of a renegotiated deal are "very possible." But he also said that his consent to remaining in NAFTA for now is "subject to the fact that if we do not reach a fair deal for all, we will then terminate NAFTA."
I do not see any broken promise...:confused: He said all along the current NAFTA agreements are not fair to the U.S. and he planned to renegotiate better deals or withdraw completely... how did you miss that time and time again...:confused:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I do not see any broken promise...:confused: He said all along the current NAFTA agreements are not fair to the U.S. and he planned to renegotiate better deals or withdraw completely... how did you miss that time and time again...:confused:

Tommy is too poor to pay attention. Living off a disability check..no friends or family to help out... :sniff:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Broken Promises ... :shrug:

I do not see any 'promise' to pull out of NAFTA

Trump Flirts With Dumping NAFTA, Instead Reiterates American Support

Trump has been slamming the NAFTA agreement since his presidential run began. As far back as September 2015, Trump said of NAFTA, “We will either renegotiate it or we will break it,” calling it “a disaster … Every agreement has an end. Every agreement has to be fair.” Trump doubled down on his rhetoric a year later, saying, “We are going to start with NAFTA, which is causing so much damage to our country.”

Except that Trump is wrong; NAFTA is actually good for the United States.

As Senator Jeff Flake pointed out:

Hijinx

I give him credit for listening and willing to re-negotiate.

Threatening to pull out gave him a stick to use to beat them with if they don't agree to fair trade.Even I understand that.

Damn TJ letting your hatred over rule your limited brain again.