ESPN Morphs Into MSNBC With Footballs

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
ESPN Morphs Into MSNBC With Footballs, Fires Reporters But Keeps Poetry Dedicated To Terrorists. Here's The Real Reason Why.

ESPN, which has been bleeding subscribers due to both the changes to the cable business and its own failing business model of ignoring news and highlights in favor of poorly-conceived political talk, has now been forced to lay off over 100 on-air talent employees. The list includes many of the best reporters at the network: NFL reporter Ed Werder, NFL analyst Trent Dilfer, MLB writer Jayson Stark, and virtually the entire NHL reporting team. Baseball Tonight, my favorite show, has now been gutted.

Yet total idiots like Max Kellerman and the various contributors on Around The Horn remain to provide a Greek chorus of support to the leftist agenda. Sure, we won’t get the best hot stove talk around the baseball trade deadline, but we’ll certainly get to hear Kevin Blackistone (who called the national anthem a “war anthem”) opine on the virtues of Caitlyn Jenner, who was last athletically relevant before I was born.

ESPN used to be watchable. It simply isn’t anymore. When I work out, I'll watch virtually anything rather than watching Jemele Hill and Michael Smith babble with the latest Hollywood dolt about Donald Trump. And I’m not the only one.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
This is the network that ran Tim Tebow out of the NFL. The kid didn't do anything wrong except profess his Christian faith. At the same time they downplay the dog killers & wife beaters.

Freefaller

ESPN Morphs Into MSNBC With Footballs, Fires Reporters But Keeps Poetry Dedicated To Terrorists. Here's The Real Reason Why.

ESPN, which has been bleeding subscribers due to both the changes to the cable business and its own failing business model of ignoring news and highlights in favor of poorly-conceived political talk, has now been forced to lay off over 100 on-air talent employees. The list includes many of the best reporters at the network: NFL reporter Ed Werder, NFL analyst Trent Dilfer, MLB writer Jayson Stark, and virtually the entire NHL reporting team. Baseball Tonight, my favorite show, has now been gutted.

Yet total idiots like Max Kellerman and the various contributors on Around The Horn remain to provide a Greek chorus of support to the leftist agenda. Sure, we won’t get the best hot stove talk around the baseball trade deadline, but we’ll certainly get to hear Kevin Blackistone (who called the national anthem a “war anthem”) opine on the virtues of Caitlyn Jenner, who was last athletically relevant before I was born.

ESPN used to be watchable. It simply isn’t anymore. When I work out, I'll watch virtually anything rather than watching Jemele Hill and Michael Smith babble with the latest Hollywood dolt about Donald Trump. And I’m not the only one.

I stopped watching anything on ESPN 3-4 years ago. When their on air people started going political, it was a very quick exit for me. I've even deleted it from my cable lineup.

Rommey

I watch ESPN for..you know...sports. I might catch SportsCenter when I'm trying to catch a score, but rarely do I ever tune in specifically for the show.