What 71 hours stuck in an elevator will do

PsyOps

Pixelated
Stuck 71 hours in an elevator, man kills and eats his wife to survive

Philadephia, PA | 44-year old Bruce Franklin was arrested this morning, after he confessed to killing his wife and eating her flesh while he was stuck with her in an elevator.

According to the Philadelphia Police Department, the partially devoured corpse of his wife was lying next to him when he was rescued after being stuck for three days in an elevator.

Mr Franklin immediately confessed that he had reluctantly killed her and eaten almost 12 lbs of her flesh, saying it was necessary to his own survival.

Philadelphia Police Deputy Commissioner Richard Ross, says the accused clearly felt guilty about his crime

black dog

Free America
LMAO he at her raw, and all he had to do was slide the inner doors open an hit the roller that opens the outer door.

You know so little about elevators, not being a dick, but that is horrible advice to give people. If it's a modern elevator built within the last 15 to 20 years you can only open the car doors maybe 6" between floors. If it was installed correctly. Older ones yep, you can overhaul the car door motor and open the car doors.
It's the dumbest thing you can do. Ring the alarm bell and pick the phone up and talk to the operator.
What if the elevator was stopped in a blind hoistway? What if it's stopped between tall floors? You willing to jump out of a small hole and then step backwards when they land on the building floor and then fall down the elevator shaft..
What if when you think your so smart that you can open the car doors and reach to hallway door interlock and you are climbing out and at the same time the car takes off because the elevator maintenance man forgot to take his orange stick out of the safety circuit and the elevator takes off????? It shut down for a reason, relays and switch's fail. Wanna guess what happens?
20+ years as a union journeyman elevator mechanic, I can tell you what happens, you will be dragged through a 1 1/4" running clearance.I
If it's a hydraulic elevator you might just get crushed, but if it's a geared or gearless elevator you are getting ground up. It's Ghastly..
It's the safest mode of transportation known to man, but only if you stay in the cab.

Hijinx

You know so little about elevators, not being a dick, but that is horrible advice to give people. If it's a modern elevator built within the last 15 to 20 years you can only open the car doors maybe 6" between floors. If it was installed correctly. Older ones yep, you can overhaul the car door motor and open the car doors.
It's the dumbest thing you can do. Ring the alarm bell and pick the phone up and talk to the operator.
What if the elevator was stopped in a blind hoistway? What if it's stopped between tall floors? You willing to jump out of a small hole and then step backwards when they land on the building floor and then fall down the elevator shaft..
What if when you think your so smart that you can open the car doors and reach to hallway door interlock and you are climbing out and at the same time the car takes off because the elevator maintenance man forgot to take his orange stick out of the safety circuit and the elevator takes off????? It shut down for a reason, relays and switch's fail. Wanna guess what happens?
20+ years as a union journeyman elevator mechanic, I can tell you what happens, you will be dragged through a 1 1/4" running clearance.I
If it's a hydraulic elevator you might just get crushed, but if it's a geared or gearless elevator you are getting ground up. It's Ghastly..
It's the safest mode of transportation known to man, but only if you stay in the cab.

After 71 hrs and before eating my wife raw. i would assume the bell wasn't working or no one was listening and the phone doesn't work If it's been sitting there 71 hrs, I might assume it isn't taking off, and the I believe the dumbest thing you can do is kill and eat your wife. I guess you don't agree.
Tell you what you sit there. After 71 hrs I am doing what I can to get my own ass out and I am not waiting for some elevator man to come and get me.

littlelady

God bless the USA
After 71 hrs and before eating my wife raw. i would assume the bell wasn't working or no one was listening and the phone doesn't work If it's been sitting there 71 hrs, I might assume it isn't taking off, and the I believe the dumbest thing you can do is kill and eat your wife. I guess you don't agree.
Tell you what you sit there. After 71 hrs I am doing what I can to get my own ass out and I am not waiting for some elevator man to come and get me.

:yeahthat: This is, either, one of the strangest stories I have ever read/heard, totally made up, or the beginning of the zombie apocalypse for realz! :jet:

Last edited: