Obama Lied, People Died: Mortality Rate INCREASES Under ObamaCare

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

The lies Barry Obama, his national media, and Democrats told to pass the fascist monstrosity that is ObamaCare are almost too many to remember. You can keep your doctor. Nope. You can keep your plan. Nope. It will decrease the deficit. Nope. Costs will decrease. NOPE. And my favorite piece of emotional blackmail: ObamaCare will save 45,000 lives per year. Well, according to a new study, ObamaCare might actually be killing people.

Over at the Federalist, Brian Frankie has done a bang-up job looking at American mortality rates in the wake of ObamaCare's passage in 2010. What he found is that the number of premature deaths has actually increased over the last few years. Although we were told again and again that the passage of ObamaCare would annually save thousands and thousands from premature deaths …

What happens when we calculate the death rate after excluding all external causes of morbidity (ICD-10 codes for deaths caused by drugs, alcohol, assault, suicide, and accidents — in short, anything that is not due to an internal illness)? For the decade 2004-2013, the death rate is 247.4 people per 100,000 population. It is more stable than the all-cause death rate, with a low of 244.7, a high of 249.9, and a standard deviation of 1.7.

With Obamacare extending insurance to 15 million more people, this death rate should fall to 238 per 100,000. The 2014-15 data show the actual reported death rate among U.S. adults, excluding external causes, is … 252.9.

[clip]

Nevertheless, this is not an insignificant correlation. So let's examine why it is at least reasonable to blame ObamaCare for a spike in premature deaths.

1. Millions lost their doctor. The relationship between doctor and patient can be as sacred as the relationship between priest and parishioner. Having to start over, having to tell a stranger all about your health problems (which can sometimes be embarrassing), having to get naked in front of this stranger; this can be a traumatic thing. To avoid going through this, some people might have held off too long to receive medical care.

2. Outrageous deductibles. As I have written about in the past, under ObamaCare, you don’t really have insurance. Deductibles (what you pay annually out of pocket before insurance kicks in) under ObamaCare are outrageous. The last time I looked, a policy only for myself cost $400 a month, but the deductible was over $5,000!

Chris0nllyn

That seems silly when you figure that hospitals can't turn down emergency care to someone. I don't understand the idea that people are dying from Obamacare. Going broke, sure, can't keep their doctor, sure, bad for free market economy, sure, but causing the mortality rate to go up based on one year's data, I'm not buying it.

Hijinx

That seems silly when you figure that hospitals can't turn down emergency care to someone. I don't understand the idea that people are dying from Obamacare. Going broke, sure, can't keep their doctor, sure, bad for free market economy, sure, but causing the mortality rate to go up based on one year's data, I'm not buying it.

Geez if you could count all of the abortions in that mortality rate-------------------------------think about that.
Thanks Obama. population control---it's working.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Abortions are at historic lows.

https://www.guttmacher.org/fact-she...nited-states?gclid=CNXQr4nZxdMCFQ2UaQoddM0Bhg

The reasons patients gave for having an abortion underscored their understanding of the responsibilities of parenthood and family life. The three most common reasons—each cited by three-fourths of patients—were concern for or responsibility to other individuals; the inability to afford raising a child; and the belief that having a baby would interfere with work, school or the ability to care for dependents. Half said they did not want to be a single parent or were having problems with their husband or partner.

What happened to the "...but what if she's been raped or impregnated by a relative?" argument?

tommyjo

Here is the original article GURP's propaganda piece is based on: https://thefederalist.com/2017/04/2...lity-rates-suggests-obamacare-killing-people/

And here is their conclusion (note the extreme difference between the actual article and the sh!t in GURP's propaganda):

How to Account for the Death Spike?

In short, we know much less than we think. We know Obamacare became law, and millions of individuals who were previously uninsured gained new insurance policies, through subsidized private insurance or through Medicaid. We know that academic studies predicted large reductions in U.S. adult mortality following the insurance expansion.

Is the improvement in public health that was assured turned out simply to be another false Obamacare promise?

We know that the same year Obamacare’s insurance expansion provisions took effect, there was a pronounced, and statistically significant, surge in U.S. adult mortality. We know the surge in mortality remains after removing drug-related deaths, and other external morbidity causes, from the statistics. That is all we know. The rest is speculation. But it is fascinating speculation.

Has Obamacare, or some of the secondary effects of Obamacare, actually caused the negative impact in U.S. adult mortality so evident in the statistics? Is the improvement in public health that was assured turned out simply to be another false Obamacare promise, like being able to keep our doctors and health plans, or reducing our health costs?

If any causal relationships are discovered between Obamacare and mortality, there will be profound policy implications. As Sen. Tom Cotton has said, the objective of further health reform is “to help those who were hurt by Obamacare while not hurting those who were helped by it.”

Quite frankly it is asinine to assume that access to health cause is a proximate CAUSE of more deaths.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Quite frankly it is asinine to assume that access to health cause is a proximate CAUSE of more deaths.

did you intentionally miss the part where people cannot afford to pay for doctors visits after paying $ 1000 dollar a month premiums with high rate deductibles

7. Thanks to sky-high premiums and towering deductibles, people now have LESS money to pay for health care. Prior to ObamaCare making these plans illegal, I used to pay $140 a month for a catastrophic policy that had a $7,000 deductible. Meaning, I paid out-of-pocket for all my health costs until I reached $7,000; then the insurance kicked in. That way if I was in a car accident or hit with a cancer, I would not go bankrupt. For me, it was the perfect set-up.

or some areas don't have In-Network Services available

5. Fewer doctors and hospitals available to ObamaCare recipients. One of the many disasters of ObamaCare is that your closest and most convenient provider might not be in your network. In rural areas, this could mean drives of an hour or more, this could mean the difference between seeing your doctor during your lunch hour or having to take the entire day off of work.

6. Some ObamaCare plans offer no in-network doctors that specialize in crucial services. As more and more insurance companies flee the failing exchanges, some ObamaCare recipients are facing the impossible choice of paying every dollar for care, or taking a gamble:

A study published in JAMA of 135 health insurance plans in 34 state marketplaces that were available during the 2015 open enrollment period found that one in seven plans didn't provide access to in-network doctors for at least one medical specialty, with endocrinology, rheumatology and psychiatry being the most commonly excluded specialties.

On the hospital side, an Associated Press survey last year found that many plans sold on the exchanges exclude large cancer centers from their provider networks, and a survey by Avalere earlier this year found that a quarter of cancer centers still report they are excluded from the networks offered by most of their state's exchange.

Last edited:

awpitt

Main Streeter

The lies Barry Obama, his national media, and Democrats told to pass the fascist monstrosity that is ObamaCare are almost too many to remember. You can keep your doctor. Nope. You can keep your plan. Nope. It will decrease the deficit. Nope. Costs will decrease. NOPE. And my favorite piece of emotional blackmail: ObamaCare will save 45,000 lives per year. Well, according to a new study, ObamaCare might actually be killing people.

Over at the Federalist, Brian Frankie has done a bang-up job looking at American mortality rates in the wake of ObamaCare's passage in 2010. What he found is that the number of premature deaths has actually increased over the last few years. Although we were told again and again that the passage of ObamaCare would annually save thousands and thousands from premature deaths …
What happens when we calculate the death rate after excluding all external causes of morbidity (ICD-10 codes for deaths caused by drugs, alcohol, assault, suicide, and accidents — in short, anything that is not due to an internal illness)? For the decade 2004-2013, the death rate is 247.4 people per 100,000 population. It is more stable than the all-cause death rate, with a low of 244.7, a high of 249.9, and a standard deviation of 1.7.

With Obamacare extending insurance to 15 million more people, this death rate should fall to 238 per 100,000. The 2014-15 data show the actual reported death rate among U.S. adults, excluding external causes, is … 252.9.

[clip]

Nevertheless, this is not an insignificant correlation. So let's examine why it is at least reasonable to blame ObamaCare for a spike in premature deaths.

1. Millions lost their doctor. The relationship between doctor and patient can be as sacred as the relationship between priest and parishioner. Having to start over, having to tell a stranger all about your health problems (which can sometimes be embarrassing), having to get naked in front of this stranger; this can be a traumatic thing. To avoid going through this, some people might have held off too long to receive medical care.

2. Outrageous deductibles. As I have written about in the past, under ObamaCare, you don’t really have insurance. Deductibles (what you pay annually out of pocket before insurance kicks in) under ObamaCare are outrageous. The last time I looked, a policy only for myself cost $400 a month, but the deductible was over $5,000!

I amazed at what some sheeple believe based on what's fed to them.

Hijinx

did you intentionally miss the part where people cannot afford to pay for doctors visits after paying $ 1000 dollar a month premiums with high rate deductibles

or some areas don't have In-Network Services available

Pretty sure she read all of that Gurps. TJ always reads everything. Maybe she just chose to ignore it.