Mr. Qualified!!

tommyjo

Here is just another amazing story that shows how unqualified, directionless, and pathetic (yes, pathetic) our President is. Someone has to bring him a map of the US...show him where NAFTA positively impacts the US and how those regions contain a lot of Trump voters?? Did they have to draw the map in crayon???

President Trump was set to announce Saturday, on the 100th day of his presidency, that he was withdrawing from the North American Free Trade Agreement — the sort of disruptive proclamation that would upend both global and domestic politics and signal to his base that he was keeping his campaign promise to terminate what he once called “a total disaster” and “one of the worst deals ever.”

“I was all set to terminate,” Trump said in an Oval Office interview Thursday night. “I looked forward to terminating. I was going to do it.”

There was just one problem: Trump’s team — like on so many issues — was deeply divided.

As news of the president’s plan reached Ottawa and Mexico City in the middle of the week and rattled the markets and Congress, Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue and others huddled in meetings with Trump, urging him not to sign a document triggering a U.S. withdrawal from NAFTA.

Perdue even brought along a prop to the Oval Office: A map of the United States that illustrated the areas that would be hardest hit, particularly from agriculture and manufacturing losses, and highlighting that many of those states and counties were “Trump country” communities that had voted for the president in November.

“It shows that I do have a very big farmer base, which is good,” Trump recalled. “They like Trump, but I like them, and I’m going to help them.”

By Wednesday night, Trump — who spent nearly two years as a candidate railing against the trade agreement — had backed down, saying that conversations with advisers and phone calls with the leaders of Canada and Mexico had persuaded him to reconsider.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...3413c691853_story.html?utm_term=.93f5b5b3bfd1

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You sound like you need a break..you're overstressed and going to end up involuntarily committed again. You surely remember that, except for the fruit cups at lunch, you don't like that place. Take a break..relax..go to an amusement park.

Coaster.jpg

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How does that explain Turmps reversal on NAFTA?

If Trump were King or Imperial Dictator, I'm guessing there are a lot of things that would be different right now. As it stands, he's up against not only the Democrats, but the Republicans and the press and the activist judges. I'd be okay with The Donald standing them all up in front of a firing squad, but he seems to be inclined toward working with them. The sap.

Some lamer Congresstard was on CSPAN yesterday ranting about how Trump hasn't kept ANY! of his campaign promises....without one single mention of why that is. No mention of Paul Ryan's lethargy regarding the health care bill and actively working against the president; no mention of that Obama pet judge who blocked Trump's illegal immigration order.

Trump isn't the problem, dude. The swamp is the problem.

Midnightrider

https://www.c-span.org/video/?41820...ampaign-stop-grand-rapids-michigan&start=1343

“A Trump administration will renegotiate NAFTA and if we don't get the deal we want, we will terminate NAFTA and get a much better deal for our workers and our companies. 100 percent."

why take it from the horses mouth

“I was all set to terminate,” Trump said in an Oval Office interview Thursday night. “I looked forward to terminating. I was going to do it.”

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

What reversal was that? Looks like he's doing exactly what he said he would. You should join TJ at the park; you guys would probably get along like a house..er..amusement park ride afire.

Toxick

Splat

That was a picture of a roller coaster built by Mexican day-laborers. Stuff like this is why Trump was for ditching NAFTA.

Turns out, the cars were full of refugees from Syria. Stuff like this is why Trump reversed his opinion.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That was a picture of a roller coaster built by Mexican day-laborers. Stuff like this is why Trump was for ditching NAFTA.

Turns out, the cars were full of refugees from Syria. Stuff like this is why Trump reversed his opinion.

:killingme