Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: U.S. first-quarter growth weakest in three years

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    And the right constantly pointed out economic growth numbers to prove their point. .
    ? Examples?
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

And the right constantly pointed out economic growth numbers to prove their point. They're both wrong.

Not only does he expect 3-4%, but most of the growth expectations set forth by govt. are based on the expected growth numbers that (historically) have been about half that.
    Is that unrealistic? At least three times in my lifetime, we've had a few years in a row with that kind of growth. I'm not thinking that 2% should be the new normal.
    Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong". Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    Is that unrealistic? At least three times in my lifetime, we've had a few years in a row with that kind of growth. I'm not thinking that 2% should be the new normal.
    Now-a-days, yes. I don't think it should be normal either, but it's not like we keep electing presidents based on their macro economics degrees.
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

Blog Entries
    I'm sure they'll be some reason for you to blow this off, but the forum has a nice search feature. Anyone who's been around for a few years (or 6) has seen it.
    You being a child still, you probably didn't know this: You make an assertion, YOU back it up.

You are very welcome. ;-)

And 4% is certainly very realistic if one bases that on historical numbers.. http://www.multpl.com/us-gdp-growth-rate/table/by-year
    Last edited by Gilligan; 04-29-2017 at 09:17 AM.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Members who have read this thread: 30