Crime Another dumb criminal steals car; crashes; goes to hospital, then jail and we pay for it all...

Editor

somd.com Editor
Staff member
PREMO Member
Patron
I guess being from Penna., he didn't know that Ridge is pretty much the end of the world and unless he had one of those James Bond submarine cars, he wasn't going to get away.

On April 27, 2017, at 7:38 p.m., St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office deputies located a stolen 2001 Buick Regal in the area of Route 5 and Route 235. The investigation revealed the suspects were involved in a theft from a vehicle in the parking lot of Giant in California, Maryland. St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office units attempted to stop the vehicle which continued traveling on South Route 5 before striking a tree on Rodo Beach Drive in Scotland, Maryland.

The driver, identified as Shandra Etzweiler, age 33, of Pennsylvania was placed in custody while the passenger continued to elude police by fleeing on foot in the area of Ridge, Maryland. The driver was flown to shock trauma for the treatment of non-life threatening injuries. The driver and passenger are both residents of Pennsylvania.

The St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office did not have information that the subject was armed.

The search concluded the morning of Friday, April 28 when the suspect was located in a dollar store in Ridge, Maryland.

The Sheriff's Office thanks the Maryland State Police and Maryland State Police "Trooper 7" for their assistance in the investigation, along with residents for their cooperation, and the dollar store for providing information that led to the apprehension of the suspect.

At this time, the suspect's name is not available.

luvmygdaughters

The driver was flown to shock trauma for the treatment of non-life threatening injuries.

Why are they flying this SOB to shock trauma if he had no "Life Threatening" injuries???????? What's wrong with using an ambulance????????????

glhs837

Power with Control
Assets not used are taken away :) I would love to know more about the teft itself. Did the owner leave the key in it? Was it hotwired? Being a 2001 GM, I suppose that's possible, but I'm interested.

Inkd

Assets not used are taken away :) I would love to know more about the teft itself. Did the owner leave the key in it? Was it hotwired? Being a 2001 GM, I suppose that's possible, but I'm interested.

I don't believe the car was stolen. In the article it said theft from a vehicle. Like they grabbed something out of a parked vehicle.

glhs837

Power with Control
I don't believe the car was stolen. In the article it said theft from a vehicle. Like they grabbed something out of a parked vehicle.

Guilty as charger for not reading the sentence correctly. I promise not to flee down a peninsula.

Inkd

Guilty as charger for not reading the sentence correctly. I promise not to flee down a peninsula.

A friend of mine sent me a text last night about this going on since we live down there. My first thought was, it had to be someone from out of town. No one in their right mind would run down there, unless they had a boat.

glhs837

Power with Control
A friend of mine sent me a text last night about this going on since we live down there. My first thought was, it had to be someone from out of town. No one in their right mind would run down there, unless they had a boat.

We heard the helo go over on it's way down.

Tech

The perp is a real winner, not hard to find on a search. Should send the medical bill to the judge who gave her probation last year for theft instead of jail.