Weakest economic showing in 3 years in the first quarter of 2017

SamSpade

Interesting how the first couple months, we were so loudly reminded that he hadn't DONE anything to get such good numbers.
That it was all a consequence of Obama's administration.

Two more months and damn - it's now all on HIM.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You make no sense...as usual. If and when Trump's plans for tax reform, renegotiated trade agreements, reduced regulatory burdens, and infrastructure spending actually do occur, we could reasonably expect to see the GDP respond positively within a few years from there.

Duh. This stuff is really hard for you, isn't it, when all you've got is some tired and poorly crafted left wing narratives to go with.

What the first quarter numbers DO show is how weak and feckless Barry's economy really is. Because it most certainly is still his and will be for some time to come.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
So much for the great negotiator, who only hires the best people and will strength the economy.

As disposable personal income rose 3.4% during the first quarter, so too did the personal saving and inflation rates. The core personal consumption expenditures index – the Federal Reserve’s preferred inflation gauge which measures prices paid for goods and services – rose to 2% in the first quarter as expected from 1.3% in the prior quarter. Luschini said that’s evidence that as inflation has crept higher, consumers have continued to become more disciplined, which has consequently negated some of the benefits of recent wage increases.

and this is Trumps Fault HOW ?

Last edited:

philibusters

Interesting how the first couple months, we were so loudly reminded that he hadn't DONE anything to get such good numbers.
That it was all a consequence of Obama's administration.

Two more months and damn - it's now all on HIM.

I think this Washington Post article nails it: The weak economic numbers are not Trump's fault, but my tooting his own horn so much when the economic data was good and by making such bold statements, he is kind of made the numbers into his own problem... https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...his-problem/?tid=sm_fb&utm_term=.894d2118e651

The Post article actually goes further and say some of the economy is driven by things that the President has no control over and thus goes beyond Trump or Obama. There are things that a President can control, but then there are things like large number of baby boomers retiring that are beyond the control of the President.

tommyjo

So much for the great negotiator, who only hires the best people and will strength the economy.

Make it stop. I'm sick of all this winning.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxb...wth-weakened-to-0-7-in-first-quarter.amp.html

You are a moron...Trump had nothing to do with Q1 GDP (Trump also had nothing to do with the BS "budget surplus that the dumbass right wingers on here bleated about in early Feb)...see my earlier thread on this same topic.

Oh...I see Gilligan posted...as suspected...its ALL Obama's fault...Gilligan...you too are a moron...but that has been well established!!!

CalvertNewb

You make no sense...as usual. If and when Trump's plans for tax reform, renegotiated trade agreements, reduced regulatory burdens, and infrastructure spending actually do occur, we could reasonably expect to see the GDP respond positively within a few years from there.

Duh. This stuff is really hard for you, isn't it, when all you've got is some tired and poorly crafted left wing narratives to go with.

What the first quarter numbers DO show is how weak and feckless Barry's economy really is. Because it most certainly is still his and will be for some time to come.

So what about the previous 3 years? Was it Obamas scheme to have the economy turn as soon as he left office?

Talk about poor logic

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
So what about the previous 3 years? Was it Obamas scheme to have the economy turn as soon as he left office?

No..it's pretty much sucked the entire 8 years of his reign..and he obviously wanted it that way or he would not have targeted small business owners (like myself) for so much pain. Sorry, arse licker..ask your buddy Soros for some new material. It's obvious that he pays your bills.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Weakest economic showing in 3 years in the first quarter of 2017 So much for the great negotiator, who only hires the best people and will strength the economy. Make it stop. I'm sick of all this winning.

Haven't you learned? It really is much, much, better, to be thought a complete imbecile, and total moron, than to pause a moment, and stick your head up from the crotch of your 400lb boy toy lover NAMBLA member with bad case of jock itch, to write something so foolishly stupid.

CalvertNewb

If I may ...

Haven't you learned? It really is much, much, better, to be thought a complete imbecile, and total moron, than to pause a moment, and stick your head up from the crotch of your 400lb boy toy lover NAMBLA member with bad case of jock itch, to write something so foolishly stupid.

Wow. Seems like I really hit a nerve with some of you. Truth hurts and all you can do is call me names and lash out. How about proving any of your claims? What about the 8 years of growth under Obama?

It's going to be so sad when you wake up and realize that Trump is a con man and would have aid anything to get elected. And now that he is he isn't worried about your crappy small business or the poor or evangelical. He only cares about himself and his rich cronies. Drain the swamp.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Wow. Seems like I really hit a nerve with some of you. Truth hurts and all you can do is call me names and lash out. How about proving any of your claims? What about the 8 years of growth under Obama?

It's going to be so sad when you wake up and realize that Trump is a con man and would have aid anything to get elected. And now that he is he isn't worried about your crappy small business or the poor or evangelical. He only cares about himself and his rich cronies. Drain the swamp. ������
Ha ha. You and the truth are obviously complete strangers. You are a pathetically deluded little person...

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Wow. Seems like I really hit a nerve with some of you. Truth hurts and all you can do is call me names and lash out. How about proving any of your claims? What about the 8 years of growth under Obama? It's going to be so sad when you wake up and realize that Trump is a con man and would have aid anything to get elected. And now that he is he isn't worried about your crappy small business or the poor or evangelical. He only cares about himself and his rich cronies. Drain the swamp.

Hey, pile of used toilet paper from the business end of a diarrhea laden crack whore. I've made no claims.

littlelady

God bless the USA
But you've got the insult part down. 

You need to find a sense of humor. I found mine after unpacking the last of our moving boxes. Seriously, get a grip. Stop throwing tantrums because Hillary and the Dems lost...big league. :tantrum: Conservatives lived it for 8 years. Now it's y'all's turn!

Food for thought. America just did a 180 in electing Trump; as in sick of the same ole, same ole. Doesn't that tell you something, or do you get an inkling, or anything of what this past election revealed? I hope so. It wasn't a fluke, or the Russians messing with US. It is called voting. You're welcome. :smile:

Last edited: