Killing your citizens.......

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Has there ever been a government that has killed its citizens, that survived?
Long term.....

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Define "long term".

100 years...

Soviet Union. 1917... 1984
Communist China. 1949 to present
Central and South American Dictators
Middle Eastern Despots
Pol Pot 1975...1979
Hitler 1933...1945

Just for examples

Last edited:

Hijinx

100 years...

Soviet Union. 1917... 1984
Communist China. 1949 to present
Central and South American Dictators
Middle Eastern Despots
Pol Pot 1975...1979
Hitler 1933...1945

Just for examples

Russia did pretty well under Stalin, it;s still there.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm not sure I understand the question.

Are you talking about specific leaders - their government - or the country as a whole (the government government)?

If the question is, what country's leader has killed the citizenry and stayed in power for 100+ years, the answer is "none".

PeoplesElbow

Has there ever been a government that has not killed its citizens, that survived?
Long term.....

Considering that we are one of the oldest governments IDK because I'm not sure we are to long term yet. Long Term needs to be defined.

You might consider the House of Saud to have been around long term, and they do kill their citizens, the Baath regime in Iraq was well on its way until we intervened.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Like the United States not wanting to cede states to the Confederacy?
That more like the Hundred Year war in Europe. Ideology and territory. Plus the War Between the States was fought by soldiers mainly.

I am talking about Civilian murders i.e. Rwanda, Cambodia, and others. It seems the larger the genoociide the shorter the regime.
China seems the longest lasting, currently at 70 years and is improving due to outside pressures. I'm sure they don't want another Tiananmen Square....

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Perhaps Democratic President Andrew Jackson and the Native American populations in the 1830s?