First bushel of crabs this year

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
At your Tiki bar ?

Of course. Got a half dozen torches lit (friggin skeeters and deer flies are back) and getting ready to fire up the crab pot.

While finishing up a custom transom bracket on a work boat and fabbing a custom hitch for a motorhome. Busy day.

black dog

Free America
You got me brother, two of us spent the day welding on new grouser bars on a D7 dozer.
The good part is it was jacked up and power washed when we got there. A couple of 40 lbs spools of 1/16th wire today.

black dog

Free America
You two are STUDS..

Welding, one of the mysterys of the world. Because sitting on a bucket listening to David allen Coe and the Man in Black while staring at a puddle of molten metal all day is as manly as it gets. lol..

black dog

Free America
Of course. Got a half dozen torches lit (friggin skeeters and deer flies are back) and getting ready to fire up the crab pot.

While finishing up a custom transom bracket on a work boat and fabbing a custom hitch for a motorhome. Busy day.

Don't you have one of the propane skeeter eaters? They are the Shizzle..

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Welding, one of the mysterys of the world. Because sitting on a bucket listening to David allen Coe and the Man in Black while staring at a puddle of molten metal all day is as manly as it gets. lol..

A skill I wished I'd learned. A buddy is one of the best welders around and he's done a ton of work for me in the past. He let me try any number of times. Stick, MIG, TIG, just could never get the knack for it. I could burn holes all day but not anything useful.

:stupid:

littlelady

God bless the USA
..going down shortly. :yahoo:

I will admit I am jealous. We have a steamer in the garage sitting idle with no crabs in sight. Hub's dad lives in Benedict. I guess we will be transporting them north when we can. Enjoy!

I was wondering how crabs would do with an hour and a half ride to our place. I wouldn't want to ice them or something like that.

Never mind. I just remembered that there is a walk in chiller/refrig at my FIL's. :smack: me. I am just used to eating the crabbies as soon as we catch them.

I have already gotten flack for posting how much I miss SoMD, but I do. I really don't like Olney, but for the fact that dot and granddot are 5 minutes away from me now. There is a reason for everything.

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I will admit I am jealous. We have a steamer in the garage sitting idle with no crabs in sight. Hub's dad lives in Benedict. I guess we will be transporting them north when we can. Enjoy!

I was wondering how crabs would do with an hour and a half ride to our place. I wouldn't want to ice them or something like that.
if you can't keep them cool, you would be better off buying them already steamed and put them in a cooler. They'll stay hot for hours and will keep for a day.

littlelady

God bless the USA
if you can't keep them cool, you would be better off buying them already steamed and put them in a cooler. They'll stay hot for hours and will keep for a day.

That makes sense. I will, also, miss our crab feasts every year since my dot got married, and having all their friends over. Oh, well, life is change. Thanks, Gill.

Just want to say that hub grew up in SoMD. His dad is 85 now and his bro has health probs. They all used to crab together, but those days are over. Obviously. I am sad. I never got to visit St. George's Island. I am sure it is beautiful.

Last edited: