Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How important is music in your life?

How important is music in your life?

It is indispensable to mine. In any conversation concerning what sense you'd give up if you HAD to, I never even considering hearing.

I recently read a link that some people perceive and feel music far more deeply than others. It will literally give me goose bumps and overwhelming sense of well being, euphoria, feeling like I can leap tall buildings with a single bound. Seems that is not everyone or even close to it. Even when it's not making me high as a kite, it soothes me, provides an ongoing soundtrack to events throughout my day, is a constant presence. I dream music. It's been this way since I was 8 or so and has only gotten better with age.

So, how important is music to you and why?
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Blog Entries
    Music is the soundtrack of our lives.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Visualize whirled peas Merlin99's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    It is indispensable to mine. In any conversation concerning what sense you'd give up if you HAD to, I never even considering hearing.

I recently read a link that some people perceive and feel music far more deeply than others. It will literally give me goose bumps and overwhelming sense of well being, euphoria, feeling like I can leap tall buildings with a single bound. Seems that is not everyone or even close to it. Even when it's not making me high as a kite, it soothes me, provides an ongoing soundtrack to events throughout my day, is a constant presence. I dream music. It's been this way since I was 8 or so and has only gotten better with age.

So, how important is music to you and why?
    I can't remember the voices of most of the people I've known that have died, but I remember every one of their favorite songs.
    ‎"I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake"

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    It will literally give me goose bumps and overwhelming sense of well being, euphoria, feeling like I can leap tall buildings with a single bound.
    I have a more take it or leave it approach. Definitely not what you experience, but maybe you are just having mini-flashbacks due to snorting too many marijuanas when you were a youngin.

It depends on what I'm doing. Nothing like a Saturday morning, cranking up the 60's and 70's music station on Direct TV and cleaning the house. Sitting outside on a sunny Sunday afternoon, we like the old country stuff. Sitting in front of the fireplace on a chilly fall day/evening...gotta be the Rat Pack.

I think you are looking for a deep answer so I will go deep. I would rather lose my hearing before losing my sight.
    Imagine how much better America would be if you would simply don a pair a pants before sitting down at your Playskool My First 'Puter.

LibertyBeacon

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin99 View Post
    I can't remember the voices of most of the people I've known that have died, but I remember every one of their favorite songs.
    I'm the polar opposite.
    If all you are gonna do is give me grief about what I post DON'T READ IT Heh? Have a nice day :-D

Quote Originally Posted by kwillia View Post
    I think you are looking for a deep answer so I will go deep. I would rather lose my hearing before losing my sight.
    Agreed.
    If all you are gonna do is give me grief about what I post DON'T READ IT Heh? Have a nice day :-D

I used to love music.....listening to music, going to concerts, hanging with my musical friends as they played..... I mean, I LOVED music.

But now, not so much. I still listen to XM on my short commute in to work, but I rarely really *listen* to music any more. Oddly, I don't really miss it very much. Oh, I can listen to a great song and think "Man, I REALLY like that song, I should listen to this more often", and then I don't.

What I really, really, really like most often now is silence. I crave quiet.

I like to be right.

Everyone's entitled to my opinion.

If you don't have anything nice to say to someone, then you need to STFU.

Members who have read this thread: 4