Had it with PNC Bank

Forkian

I've been a customer at the PNC Bank in Prince Fredrick (across from Safeway) for years. I have seen their customer service deteriorate and become flippant.There are many other banks in town. Recommendations?

Chris0nllyn

I've been a customer at the PNC Bank in Prince Fredrick (across from Safeway) for years. I have seen their customer service deteriorate and become flippant.There are many other banks in town. Recommendations?

I switched from PNC to BB&T. Never looked back.

black dog

Free America
We have a pnc branch in our small town, last summer they fired all the lady's that have worked there forever and hired all new help. All of them now always look unhappy when you walk in. I use them still because my son has a pnc close to him in St Mary's.
It makes it easy to put money in his account.

Go to their drive-thru at normal lunch hours and wait 10-15 minutes for someone to wait on you because they send all the tellers except one to lunch. One teller to wait on walk-in customers and run the drive-thru?

Goldenhawk

Y'all still actually go to the bank? I might visit the teller once every couple or three months... deposit checks from my cell phone, move balances using the online tools, get cash at the ATM or WalMart during checkout... why bother with the branch office of ANY bank anymore?

MR47930

Y'all still actually go to the bank? I might visit the teller once every couple or three months... deposit checks from my cell phone, move balances using the online tools, get cash at the ATM or WalMart during checkout... why bother with the branch office of ANY bank anymore?

:yeahthat: Haven't stepped foot in a bank in years. Everything you need to do can be done electronically nowadays. The last time I did go into my bank (Navy Federal) for an auto loan everyone was courteous and friendly. Haven't had any issues with them in the last 10 years.

Clem72

PNC is good if you are a self-serve online savvy type of banking customer. Free cashier's checks, free bank account, free notary services, 3rd party ATM refunds, and I honestly never wait more than a couple of minutes if I have to go into the branch. But they are all young and sometimes don't know the answer to my questions unless they ask the manager.

So, if you are a business customer and need a lot of hands on help maybe a different bank makes more sense.

PJumper

PNC has focused too much in profiting and have forgotten whom they serve. MY Niece's husband was a Regional Manager for PNC (worked his way up over 10 years) and decided to quit because of the pressure the company puts into them (ever-increasing monthly quota). He made his decision after a couple of his fellow managers suffered depression and had serious heart problems.

Forkian

Go to their drive-thru at normal lunch hours and wait 10-15 minutes for someone to wait on you because they send all the tellers except one to lunch. One teller to wait on walk-in customers and run the drive-thru?

Yep, I was the only one in the drive thru and had to set and wait for so long that I was starting to wonder if everything was okay in there or if they were getting robbed.

BernieP

Resident PIA

what's a check?
:)

frequentflier

happy to be living
I have two accounts at the Solomons PNC and have few issues with them. It is convenient that they have a branch in the Lusby Giant, too. They are sometimes short handed but many places are these days.

Grumpy

Quit PNC about 8 years after their ATM shorted me $20 and they ran me around for 3 weeks with excuses. Even had a customer in line behind me in line verify my receipt was for 100 and I only got 80..Held the receipt up to their camera and counted the money in front of the camera. Called them the next day, gave my name, the customer that witnessed it and they said they would straighten it out after they 'settled' the ATM machine and call me back. They never called back, I had to call them numerous times and finally I closed my account. Prior to this, there was a monthly charge to my account that was never authorized for some off the wall credit protection service(not a PNC service) that took them 4 months to get it stopped. It was some type of scam from my research on the net. The folks I talked to at PNC were aware of it but didn't resolve it for 4 months..Granted, it was only 3 dollars monthly but still.

DannyMotorcycle

i've gotten fed up with banks and their BS. I recall having problems at BB&T.. and capitol one.. Now i'm with suntrust.. but I do the churning thing now.
If a bank offers a sign up bonus.. usually $150 to $200 i'll sign up , meet the terms, and close the account when I can without a fee. Wellsfargo is offering
$200 now i believe.. these days i'd go with something like that, so when they eventually start charging you without your consent, at least you got reimbursed up front first.