Thread: Bill Nye's Ice Cream Cartoon Condemns Monogamous Heterosexual Sex As Unnatural And Immoral

Bill Nye's Ice Cream Cartoon Condemns Monogamous Heterosexual Sex As Unnatural And Immoral

Bill Nye's Ice Cream Cartoon Condemns Monogamous Heterosexual Sex As Unnatural And Immoral

He is not even subtle. In the cartoon embedded below, the "Vanilla Cone" is a Christian who believes in monogamous heterosexual sex and converting those who do not. In the end, however, it is Vanilla who is converted, who finally loosens up and discovers true joy as a slut eager to have sex with everything and everyone:

Chocolate Chip Mint: Come on, Vanilla, nobody wants just one flavor of ice cream.

Vanilla: I do.

Chocolate Chip Mint: Haven't you ever wanted to be in a Neapolitan?

Vanilla: [sweating] I, I, I can't. I can't.

Chocolate: Come on, it's natural. …

Vanilla: [prays] Big Ice Cream In The Sky, help me.

Then, as if his prayer is answered, Vanilla licks Pistachio and exclaims, "It's good!"

The joyous ice cream orgy then begins.

Even though my personal values are to aspire to Christian values, my highest political value is one of personal freedom; live and let live. Therefore, other than it being yet-another sign of how off-the-rails our increasingly debauched society has become, I don't really care about a message that says consenting adults can have whatever sexual relations they want with other consenting adults.

As much as I believe that the temporary pleasure of loveless sex and promiscuity destroys any chance at true happiness, that this kind of behavior hollows out body, soul and spirit, it is none of my business what other people do.

If that was Nye's message, it would be difficult to argue with. But Nye is not about live and let live. That video is not about leaving people alone to make their own personal choices. The message is not about governing your own sexuality.
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post

He is not even subtle. In the cartoon embedded below, the "Vanilla Cone" is a Christian who believes in monogamous heterosexual sex and converting those who do not. In the end, however, it is Vanilla who is converted, who finally loosens up and discovers true joy as a slut eager to have sex with everything and everyone:

Chocolate Chip Mint: Come on, Vanilla, nobody wants just one flavor of ice cream.

Vanilla: I do.

Chocolate Chip Mint: Haven't you ever wanted to be in a Neapolitan?

Vanilla: [sweating] I, I, I can't. I can't.

Chocolate: Come on, it's natural. …

Vanilla: [prays] Big Ice Cream In The Sky, help me.

Then, as if his prayer is answered, Vanilla licks Pistachio and exclaims, "It's good!"

The joyous ice cream orgy then begins.

Even though my personal values are to aspire to Christian values, my highest political value is one of personal freedom; live and let live. Therefore, other than it being yet-another sign of how off-the-rails our increasingly debauched society has become, I don't really care about a message that says consenting adults can have whatever sexual relations they want with other consenting adults.

As much as I believe that the temporary pleasure of loveless sex and promiscuity destroys any chance at true happiness, that this kind of behavior hollows out body, soul and spirit, it is none of my business what other people do.

If that was Nye's message, it would be difficult to argue with. But Nye is not about live and let live. That video is not about leaving people alone to make their own personal choices. The message is not about governing your own sexuality.
    If you truly believed any of the things you claim to you would simply ignore it. Instead you use it as an excuse to espouse your values and how superior they are. Typical hypocritical religious nutcase.

What happened to live and let live?

Quote Originally Posted by CalvertNewb View Post
    If you truly believed any of the things you claim to you would simply ignore it. Instead you use it as an excuse to espouse your values and how superior they are. Typical hypocritical religious nutcase.

Please remind, me in what book of the Bible this appears.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry...

#AryanLivesMatterMost

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    So you're pretty much a fountain of useless stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by PrchJrkr View Post
    I don't know. I stopped reading fairy tales when I was 10

Please read the OP's post and you might understand what I'm talking about
    Last edited by CalvertNewb; 05-03-2017 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrchJrkr View Post
    !!!!!!!!!!!!! Well played sir!!!!!!!!
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Quote Originally Posted by CalvertNewb View Post

since when do Progressives Espouse THAT Rule

YOUR kind hasn't been 'letting live' since the 1920's when Stalin sent millions to the Gulag or left them starve to death
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Blog Entries
    Moralizing aside, that is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Moralizing aside, that is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

well it does involve B NYE

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.