Iran putting money to good use

Chris0nllyn

A small portion was. The rest was interest on interest on interest. I believe it was something like $4.9B was theirs, and $7B was interest and other similar money.

The US paid Iran $1.7 billion. $400 million for the military equipment and $1.3 billion in interest.

Estimates say the tribunal in the Hague would have awarded $4 billion.

This_person

The US paid Iran $1.7 billion. $400 million for the military equipment and $1.3 billion in interest.

Estimates say the tribunal in the Hague would have awarded $4 billion.

There were ten $490M payments for $4.9B. That was complete, I believe, in June of 2015. They also got $4.2B in 2013. They also got $2.8B in 2014 to stay in the nuclear agreement talks.

Chris0nllyn

There were ten $490M payments for $4.9B. That was complete, I believe, in June of 2015. They also got $4.2B in 2013. They also got $2.8B in 2014 to stay in the nuclear agreement talks.

Thanks. I wasn't aware of that. I was going off the $1.7 billion quote in the OP article, which came from the latest payment (which was Iran's money, and interest).

I'm surprised he didn't give North Korea a few billion too.

tommyjo

A small portion was. The rest was interest on interest on interest. I believe it was something like $4.9B was theirs, and $7B was interest and other similar money.

So interest on their money isn't their money too? Is that what you are trying to say?

Hijinx

So interest on their money isn't their money too? Is that what you are trying to say?

I have read what Chris said and what TJ said and I have no doubt they do not care that Iran is using that money to build their military.
Seems a bit crazy to me, but they don't seem to mind.

It was nice of Obama and John F'in Kerry to buy the 4 hostages with the money in spite of the US claim to never pay ransom,
and certainly those two had to know what the money would be used for everyone else did.

Think of it this way after WW1 a ( no specific country) country owed the Germans money.
The Nazi's needed that money to prepare and carry out a war.
So this country who will later be threatened with war with Germany sends Germany and the Nazi's and Hitler Millions to build weapons against them.
Makes sense to some people I guess.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I have read what Chris said and what TJ said and I have no doubt they do not care that Iran is using that money to build their military.
Seems a bit crazy to me, but they don't seem to mind.

There are winners..and there is also their prey.