Rolling Coal

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
soon to be illegal in Colorado

Colorado Ready To Explicitly Ban Rolling Coal After An Incredibly Stupid Debate

However, in order to successfully roll coal in a diesel truck, an illegal device called a “smoke switch” has to be installed, which is what allows the engine to suck in more diesel fuel and produce the thick clouds of black smoke from the exhaust. Original supporters of the bill argued that installation of such a device was evidence of intent, but the bill wasn’t budging until that part was taken out.

Nonetheless, the bill has now passed and will go on to the governor to sign into law. The measure makes rolling coal a Class A offense with the penalty of a $100 fine.

glhs837

Power with Control
soon to be illegal in Colorado

Colorado Ready To Explicitly Ban Rolling Coal After An Incredibly Stupid Debate

However, in order to successfully roll coal in a diesel truck, an illegal device called a “smoke switch” has to be installed, which is what allows the engine to suck in more diesel fuel and produce the thick clouds of black smoke from the exhaust. Original supporters of the bill argued that installation of such a device was evidence of intent, but the bill wasn’t budging until that part was taken out.

Nonetheless, the bill has now passed and will go on to the governor to sign into law. The measure makes rolling coal a Class A offense with the penalty of a $100 fine.

So, they have successfully made being an arsehole illegal? Yeah Team!!!!

black dog

Free America
Those Dodge guys might need a switch, with my 7.3 all it needs is high sulphur diesel and step on the brakes a bit and push down on the throttle. The turbo spools up and Walla...... Rollin Coal...

Even better with high​ humidity, it will spit or those awesome black micro dots out of the exhaust that don't come out of clothing.

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
Well, you get fined for doing things that are illegal, correct?

Certainly with all the issues that face the citizens of Colorado, the legislature could easily find better things to do when in session than pass a law about " rolling coal "

black dog

Free America
What about Pedestrian traffic and the "walking farts?"

I agree, and when the folks that drive gasoline cars and trucks that smell like rotten egg farts when they step on the gas should be fined as well. Along with anything that runs with a 2 stroke engine.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
However, in order to successfully roll coal in a diesel truck, an illegal device called a “smoke switch” has to be installed,.

wtf? That must be some gimmick for trucks to make excessive black smoke with basically stock engines. All the diesel engines I'm familiar with that "roll coal" do so because of an extremely high fuel delivery rate joining up with a silly high amount of turbo boost. They are running power programs and programmers, oversized turbos, upsized injectors, etc etc..

I wonder what the violation threshold is; all of my stock-engined 7.3 trucks will blow black exhaust smoke to varying degrees when pulling a load with pedal to the floor.

black dog

Free America
that would make you a diesel douchbag, right?

LOL.. he's on to me, only with bicyclist on New Market Turner Rd,

And the rest of Rt6

And Rt4

And Rt236

And 245

And 247

And Rt249

And most definitely those damn elderly Minnonites on Loveville Rd and Rt 235

I miss those Minnonites, only ever got one to give me the finger.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I agree, and when the folks that drive gasoline cars and trucks that smell like rotten egg farts when they step on the gas should be fined as well. Along with anything that runs with a 2 stroke engine.

The hell you say. There should be a fine for not having a 2 stroke.