Fatal accident in Leonardtown last night.

Pete

Repete
What kind of speed must you have to destroy a car to that degree? Looks like a BMW, or was a BMW.

officeguy

Always impressed by the ability of small trees and utility poles to cut cars in half. We had two in chuck Co recently. One was three yoots who tore a Chevy in two on Smallwood Drive. The other one was an old S-Class that went into the trees on Hawthorne Rd. Amazingly in the Hawthorne crash, everyone survived. In the Smallwood slice+dice iirc one of them made it out alive.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Glad to hear this yahoo didn't involve anyone else in his/her death wish.

I think about this all the time now that we're traveling. Just rolling along, looking forward to our destination or whatever fun thing we have planned - then BOOM. Out go the lights. And I know it won't be the fault of either me or Monello; it will be some ahole who is drunk or texting or pissed or some other personal problem. I have a deep loathing for people who endanger others with their retardation.

glhs837

Power with Control
If that's not +100mph, I would be shocked, that car is in shreds. Even 120mph, lots of energy to do that. And people like that are why I taught the kids to have a yuuuuuuge bubble, only way to hope to avoid being involved. Keeping your attention solely on places where a car might reasonably be means that someone travelling these speeds will surprise you.

BernieP

Resident PIA

Based on the type of car and the plates, plus the damage I can (but will not) give you a profile of the driver and family.
A little late to be going to the PROM, more than likely heading home from some party and wanted to see how fast dad's car would go.
For an inexperienced driver, a minor defect in the road at a high rate of speed will more than likely cause them to lose control of the vehicle, no matter how well the German engineering is.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Based on the type of car and the plates, plus the damage I can (but will not) give you a profile of the driver and family.
A little late to be going to the PROM, more than likely heading home from some party and wanted to see how fast dad's car would go.
For an inexperienced driver, a minor defect in the road at a high rate of speed will more than likely cause them to lose control of the vehicle, no matter how well the German engineering is.

I hope that is not the case.

That they haven't released the name of the driver, though...

General Lee

Too many accidents and too little done about it.

There is nothing that will prevent these things. Human error is the cause. The HUMAN driver. Just like the HUMAN pulls the trigger on a gun. Its not the gun, its not the car, its not the road. It was the HUMAN's decision to drive dangerously.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
There is nothing that will prevent these things. Human error is the cause. The HUMAN driver. Just like the HUMAN pulls the trigger on a gun. Its not the gun, its not the car, its not the road. It was the HUMAN's decision to drive dangerously.

^ This.

officeguy

Didn't the criminal who ran from a traffic stop last month find his demise somewhere right around there?

BernieP

Resident PIA
I hope that is not the case.

That they haven't released the name of the driver, though...

I'm going to say something that will piss a lot of people off...

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting. My vote is with it will be hushed up out of consideration for these particular parents.

glhs837

Power with Control

This particular thing? Nope. Suicide by stupidity will always exist. But there are many accidents that happen that could be prevented if we required better driver training and enforced the laws that penalize unsafe behaviors more.