Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Under cabinet compact water heater

Under cabinet compact water heater

I've seen these at work for faster access to hot water when it just doesn't come on very fast.

Anyone ever use one? Easy to install?
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

The hardest part is running electricity or gas to it.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Easy to install, especially if you already have a circuit nearby (maybe for garbage disposal). But most of these systems keep the water at or near the desired temp so you can expect to see a measurable impact on your electric bill. So if you get one, may as well use it as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Clem72 View Post
    But most of these systems keep the water at or near the desired temp
    No they don't.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    I've seen these at work for faster access to hot water when it just doesn't come on very fast.

Anyone ever use one? Easy to install?
    I've seen two different kinds.. small tankless heaters and small tank type heaters..

The small tank type you leave off, then (for example) you sit down to eat dinner you turn on the water heater and when you're done eating your water is heated and ready to use..

The other, it's instant on, and bottomless..

There are also "recycler" systems where you consistently cycle water back to the heater, and hot water is always in the water lines leading to your faucet (Can't imagine that's very efficient unless you do like above.. turn it on 5 - 10 minutes prior to needing it).

Gas would be an issue for a tankless.. not sure, but I would THINK a small tankless heater could run off 110, and most sinks have an outlet you can tap off of either close by or even under the cabinet.
    Nero played the fiddle, Obama danced the Tango.

Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl
    Bob is the bestest lookin and smartest man I've ever met.

Blog Entries
    Wow, Amazon has under cabinet Tankless for $100 or less...

New build these would be so worthwhile.. considering you'd only have to run cold water lines throughout the house.. 1/2 the plumbing, 1/2 the cost.

You're going to run electric to all the rooms anyways, so running a 240v vice 120v to each room can't be too much more (gas would be more costly of course, but new construction how much more??)..

and the money you'll save over the years with tankless water heaters under every sink??

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    Wow, Amazon has under cabinet Tankless for $100 or less...

New build these would be so worthwhile.. considering you'd only have to run cold water lines throughout the house.. 1/2 the plumbing, 1/2 the cost.

You're going to run electric to all the rooms anyways, so running a 240v vice 120v to each room can't be too much more (gas would be more costly of course, but new construction how much more??)..

and the money you'll save over the years with tankless water heaters under every sink??
    That is an outstanding thought. If I were ever to build or retrofit, I'd consider that.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Blog Entries

You better look at the specs for those heaters, 0.5 gallons per minute, and what temperature you get out of it will depend on what temperature you well or city water is when it enters the heater. And it's tough to take a shower with 0.5 gallons per minute of maybe hot water.
    Look at the specs of these electric tankless heaters, in most cases you need alot more electric than you think. Check water temp in and water temp out along with how many amps of 120 or 240 you need to run it.
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Quote Originally Posted by DoWhat View Post
    No they don't.
    Yes they do, if you are talking about the separate tap instant 200+ degree dispensers, as I believe was the point (you don't make coffee or tea with 120 degree water).
    https://www.amazon.com/InSinkErator-...ot+water&psc=1

Not the small regular instant water heaters like you were pointing out.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.