HS coach loses job for not playing BOE prez's kid

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Most sophomores get little varsity time unless they are stand out players. Underclassmen usually play on the JV team instead. Plus this dad has a history of firing coaches that conflict with his kids.

Ramsey ice hockey coach Dean Portas, NJ.com’s state Coach of the Year in 2016, has lost his job because he did not give enough playing time to the Board of Education president’s son and will not be rehired, according to people with knowledge of the situation. Portas is being fired because sophomore defenseman James Gasparovich, son of board president Tony Gasparovich, quit the team, disgruntled over a lack of playing time.

put me in coach, i'm ready to play

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
On a power trip because you're...on the Board of Education. :loser:

They need to get rid of this guy.

stew77

My Dad coached all sorts of Little League Hardball, to all ages, 13 and up to 17 for years . First in the season EVERYONE tried out for the Coaches, they they got picked for the respective teams. I tried out every year as hard as I could and NEVER made my Dad's Team. Usually someone elses team to play. One year Dad's team won all the regionals and were picked to travel on the road to Phoenix, to qualify the a spot on the group going to play in the Little League World Series. I wanted to go soooo bad... but he said NO. Broke my heart... So I put my focus in High School Sports, Softball, Baseball, Basketball, and track. Lettered in them all... That was enough, took every shop course, wood working, Auto Mechanics and that is what i was happy at. I think at one time Dad was happy at me for all the letters, but he really liked my putting together cars and such. I usually was his cheap (Chief) Mechanic. Then I learned about racing and women.. Another story....!