Courageous Obama

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
What qualifies for courage today? Drawing red lines in the sand? Refusing to lead? Creating division? Doubling the national debt? Boldly lying to the American people by telling them they can keep their doctors? Allow men to use women's bathrooms? Encourage unprecedented illegal immigration?

Former President Barack Obama offered a full-throated defense of the Affordable Care Act at the John F. Kennedy Library in Boston Sunday evening, where he was accepting the Profile in Courage award, the same week House Republicans finally passed a plan they say will replace his signature legislative achievement.

please just go away

SamSpade

In all likelihood - since it was mentioned AT THE TIME and later, he would claim in his autobiography - Ted Sorensen actually wrote "Profiles in Courage".
But they still gave the Pulitzer to Kennedy anyway. In fact, the Kennedy's tried to sue Mike Wallace for insisting he didn't write it.

There's all kinds of irony in today's story.

Hijinx

What qualifies for courage today? Drawing red lines in the sand? Refusing to lead? Creating division? Doubling the national debt? Boldly lying to the American people by telling them they can keep their doctors? Allow men to use women's bathrooms? Encourage unprecedented illegal immigration?

please just go away

please just go away--------------and take the Mooch and Hillary with you.

:yay::yay:

tommyjo

QUOTE=Monello;5766379]What qualifies for courage today?
If on equates sacrifice with courage, then according to our current President he's made great sacrifices by hiring people and running a company.

Drawing red lines in the sand?
Launching missiles against an airfield...but FIRST warning everyone to move their planes...and then not really hitting much of anything...and having the field fully operational the next day?

Refusing to lead?
We have that in abundance now...even more so than before. Part of leading is delegating...every agency in the govt is getting hollowed out...all of the experience is being pushed out the door and they are bring in no one to fill the positions. We have no foreign policy because we have a President who doesn't have the first clue about policy nor has he hired anyone to help educate him or formulate policy. We have a President now who has no interest in legislation. When someone tells him no he picks up his marbles and goes home...befitting a person with the educational and emotional quotient of a 5 yr old.

Creating division?
You've got to be kidding?

Doubling the national debt?
Your ignorance on this topic knows no bounds does it?

Boldly lying to the American people by telling them they can keep their doctors?
Yup that was bad...and the ante has been raised at every turn by our current President. You have to be the world's most gullible fool to believe anything Trump says. He does more flipping and flopping than a short order breakfast cook.

Allow men to use women's bathrooms?
And again...another factually incorrect statement...hey but why be honest...why speak truthfully...it so much easier to solve our problems and come to agreements when everyone lies isn't it?

Encourage unprecedented illegal immigration?
Ah...but going to China to pitch $500,000 condos to Chinese investors with the implicit guarantee of an EB5 visa attached due to family White House connections is ok? (BTW...you know you are flat out wrong about the illegal immigration...you know that right? Illegal immigration went down under the last administration...you are aware of that fact aren't you?)

tommyjo

The word 'courageous' should never, never, never be used to describe Obama. Period.

Just as the words "intelligence" and "educated" can never be used in your presence. Loved the little "shadow govt" thing yesterday...you would really really have to try to be more ignorant...but keep working at it...there got to be a prize someone for the most stupid. Why you would want to win such an award is beyond me...but hey...its a free country...you go girl.

warneckutz

...you go girl.

0bb.jpg

SamSpade

Launching missiles against an airfield...but FIRST warning everyone to move their planes...

..is called not starting an actual WAR. Or hitting any allies. Even his detractors thought he did a good job.

A little different from threatening action -- and doing nothing. Nobody thinks that was courageous.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If on equates sacrifice with courage, then according to our current President he's made great sacrifices by hiring people and running a company.

Launching missiles against an airfield...but FIRST warning everyone to move their planes...and then not really hitting much of anything...and having the field fully operational the next day?

We have that in abundance now...even more so than before. Part of leading is delegating...every agency in the govt is getting hollowed out...all of the experience is being pushed out the door and they are bring in no one to fill the positions. We have no foreign policy because we have a President who doesn't have the first clue about policy nor has he hired anyone to help educate him or formulate policy. We have a President now who has no interest in legislation. When someone tells him no he picks up his marbles and goes home...befitting a person with the educational and emotional quotient of a 5 yr old.

You've got to be kidding?

Your ignorance on this topic knows no bounds does it?

Yup that was bad...and the ante has been raised at every turn by our current President. You have to be the world's most gullible fool to believe anything Trump says. He does more flipping and flopping than a short order breakfast cook.

And again...another factually incorrect statement...hey but why be honest...why speak truthfully...it so much easier to solve our problems and come to agreements when everyone lies isn't it?

Ah...but going to China to pitch $500,000 condos to Chinese investors with the implicit guarantee of an EB5 visa attached due to family White House connections is ok? (BTW...you know you are flat out wrong about the illegal immigration...you know that right? Illegal immigration went down under the last administration...you are aware of that fact aren't you?)

Hey sugar britches...whatever you are being paid to do this posting, it's far too much. Even if it's nothing....

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Hey sugar britches...whatever you are being paid to do this posting, it's far too much. Even if it's nothing....

Oh, come on! If Obama had actually painted a line in the sand and then bombed it, after removing the red line so the red line didn't suffer any harm, basically what Trump did, you, me, we'd all be lambasting his ass for being a feckless goof.

Trump ought to be earning the same scorn. Now, to his credit, Vlad is sounding a little more reasonable these days. So, maybe Trump killing an empty airfield prompted the bear to the table?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Oh, come on! If Obama had actually painted a line in the sand and then bombed it, after removing the red line so the red line didn't suffer any harm,

Google "deconfliction comm line" and get back to me. I'm not commenting on false narratives.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Not catching the drift here. They threatened to cut the string to their soup can over Trump's strike. Right? So?

The line was used for it's specifically intended purpose. The MFM wants to make that sound like it was Don and Vlad having a nice chat beforehand.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The line was used for it's specifically intended purpose. The MFM wants to make that sound like it was Don and Vlad having a nice chat beforehand.

Right but, while I was knocking The Don for an ostensibly feckless bombing that, had Obama done it, we'd all laugh at him, I was also suggesting that the bombing may have made Vlad go..."Oh, that's right. The US can kill us every day and thrice on Sundays. I'd forgotten...and this loon MIGHT do I unlike cap'n Panty Waste...." and come have a chat.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Right but, while I was knocking The Don for an ostensibly feckless bombing that, had Obama done it, we'd all laugh at him, I was also suggesting that the bombing may have made Vlad go..."Oh, that's right. The US can kill us every day and thrice on Sundays. I'd forgotten...and this loon MIGHT do I unlike cap'n Panty Waste...." and come have a chat.

There is that angle. President Mom Jeans didn't exactly project an aura of strength or resolve. He was pretty good at droning the random camel humpers though..

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
He did far more to 'create' new 'terrorists' than any water boarding ever did.

Meh...you don't know that. I see the family, sitting around the dinner table, wondering why Dad is late for supper. Seems his Toyota just up and vanished...with him in it. Time to buy a Nissan.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Meh...you don't know that. I see the family, sitting around the dinner table, wondering why Dad is late for supper. Seems his Toyota just up and vanished...with him in it. Time to buy a Nissan.

I'll tell you another reason I think Obama's drone program plays right into ISIS and their paymasters hands; you didn't hear jack #### about it in the press. For 8 years.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'll tell you another reason I think Obama's drone program plays right into ISIS and their paymasters hands; you didn't hear jack #### about it in the press. For 8 years.

Of course not. They (TJ and her ilk) abhor that kind of chit.