Professor Calls For Republicans To Be 'Lined Up And Shot' Over AHCA Vote

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Campus Reform is reporting that John Griffin, a professor from the Art Institute of Washington, called for Republicans to be "lined up and shot" for voting to pass the American Health Care Act (AHCA) in the House of Representatives.

One might think it was hyperbolic — not so, according to Griffin (image courtesy of Campus Reform):

prof.jpg

"They should be lined up and shot. That's not hyperbole; blood is on their hands."

[clip]

A simple point made long is often a cover — and this was long. Griffin apologized for his "language," but nowhere in his amended Facebook post is an apology for saying House Republicans should be "lined up and shot." He could have easily said: "I don't really believe Republicans should be killed. I apologize for that as well." He didn't — which is very telling.

h3mech

who is this A$$, damn folks give the man a chance

Campus Reform is reporting that John Griffin, a professor from the Art Institute of Washington, called for Republicans to be "lined up and shot" for voting to pass the American Health Care Act (AHCA) in the House of Representatives.

One might think it was hyperbolic — not so, according to Griffin (image courtesy of Campus Reform):

View attachment 118403

"They should be lined up and shot. That's not hyperbole; blood is on their hands."

[clip]

A simple point made long is often a cover — and this was long. Griffin apologized for his "language," but nowhere in his amended Facebook post is an apology for saying House Republicans should be "lined up and shot." He could have easily said: "I don't really believe Republicans should be killed. I apologize for that as well." He didn't — which is very telling.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This sort of rhetoric, when it comes from intellectuals and professors (not necessarily the same thing) always bothers me the most because they have always been the ones throughout history who suffer when the dogs are off the chain.

Hijinx

This sort of rhetoric, when it comes from intellectuals and professors (not necessarily the same thing) always bothers me the most because they have always been the ones throughout history who suffer when the dogs are off the chain.

This is what happens when you educate an idiot.
The colleges are full of them.
They call themselves "Professor".

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka

As are most liberals, he functions in the lower Laslow tiers. He has a pre-existing condition and the only thing he heard about the House vote was that Obamacare was being dismantled. He saw this as a personal threat and responded viscerally. Didn't bother to get facts which would have shown him that the thing that stopped AHCA vote the first time was lack of pre-existing condition coverage. He totally missed that addition of coverage for pre-existing conditions was what got the thing approved. Ahh, but you'll say, the AHCA doesn't guarantee coverage of pre-existing conditions because states will be given the right to modify that coverage. But the answer to that is that this guy lives in one of four most liberal states in the union and he should expect they will not only cover pre-existing conditions but will also encourage pre-existing conditions.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
.... they have always been the ones throughout history who suffer when the dogs are off the chain.

Yep .... intellectuals, professors, poets, writers ... anybody who thinks independently and might speak out

ironically these intellectuals are some of the most intolerant

Larry Gude

Strung Out
He saw this as a personal threat and responded viscerally. .

The good news is that both left and right do this, all the time. Reinforcing our common humane frailties. So, once we come to terms with how much we're alike, maybe we can do some good for one another...

SamSpade

The good news is that both left and right do this, all the time. Reinforcing our common humane frailties. So, once we come to terms with how much we're alike, maybe we can do some good for one another...

It just seems to me that when someone on the right does this - they are compelled to resign, they lose their job, they pay a price.
Do you remember Trent Lott losing his Senate leadership because he said to Strom Thurmond on his 100th birthday how good a President he might have been?
And because that was all racist and everything, he lost his job? This stuff is typical - rightie does it, hang him. Leftie does it, sainthood.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
These people and their ugly rhetoric. It's disheartening that so many of us are stupid enough to get sucked into this progbot nonsense. If we wouldn't tolerate it, they'd stop doing it.

SamSpade

These people and their ugly rhetoric. It's disheartening that so many of us are stupid enough to get sucked into this progbot nonsense. If we wouldn't tolerate it, they'd stop doing it.

GENERALLY - I have enough faith in the average American that the best course of action is to keep letting them say this stupid crap.
The more hysterics, the more your average American will know it's being promoted by lunatics.
There will ALWAYS be people so rabidly hateful they will go bat#### crazy over just about anything - like suggesting the meat loaf - or putting your feet on the couch.
That will never end. But most people will eventually realize, it's crap.

"Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it". I'm of the opinion that when Colbert calls Trump a ##########, normal people will realize he's nuts.
Silencing him is what you don't want to do.

Doesn't mean for an instance that it ISN'T crass, vulgar and inappropriate.
My son can sing about eating boogers, and he has that right. Doesn't make it acceptable.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
GENERALLY - I have enough faith in the average American that the best course of action is to keep letting them say this stupid crap.
The more hysterics, the more your average American will know it's being promoted by lunatics.
There will ALWAYS be people so rabidly hateful they will go bat#### crazy over just about anything - like suggesting the meat loaf - or putting your feet on the couch.
That will never end. But most people will eventually realize, it's crap.

"Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it". I'm of the opinion that when Colbert calls Trump a ##########, normal people will realize he's nuts.
Silencing him is what you don't want to do.

Doesn't mean for an instance that it ISN'T crass, vulgar and inappropriate.
My son can sing about eating boogers, and he has that right. Doesn't make it acceptable.

I wish this were true, but what I'm seeing is a pack of rabid rah-rahs agreeing with these nuts and ratcheting up.

While I'm not the one who would silence them, I will answer them back and point out how nasty and retarded they are, which sends them over the edge because they cocoon themselves in the hivemind and lose their #### when someone disagrees with them, let alone calls them on their garbage language. They think it's not only acceptable, but essential that you oppose Trump with every breath, violently if needed, because they have been brainwashed into believing that Trump is a monster who is going to kill us all. Just like Hitler convinced people that the Jews and blacks and gypsies, etc, were dangerous. (Which is why it's so hilarious to see dumbasses compare The Donald to a fascist dictator :lol: )

PsyOps

Pixelated

These 'educators' (using that term extremely loosely) have become empowered despots within our educational institutions. They know they have the mushed up minds of younglings, and feel power over them. So, they feel free to make outrageous comments and get away with it.

My question is... how seriously should this be taken? What if his comments results in one of his students attempting to assassinate or actually assassinating one of our representatives? Words have meaning.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It just seems to me that when someone on the right does this - they are compelled to resign, they lose their job, they pay a price.
Do you remember Trent Lott losing his Senate leadership because he said to Strom Thurmond on his 100th birthday how good a President he might have been?
And because that was all racist and everything, he lost his job? This stuff is typical - rightie does it, hang him. Leftie does it, sainthood.

Yup, and that is part of the appeal of Trump. Well, it's the only appeal, really. In any event, the appeal is he fights back. He gets down in the gutter and dares them to join him. He hits, he hits low. He hits hard.

Righties are so worried about having their hypocrisy hidden that every time it comes out, which is all the time, they're not only not foisted on their own petards but they can't make effective argument against someone like Clinton I or Obama.

SamSpade

they're not only not foisted on their own petards .

Aaaaaah. I try - to - resist.

"HOISTED BY one's own petard". A petard is a bomb - not atypically, a bomb that is launched.
Shakespeare was suggesting you might get your clothes caught on the rocket you shoot at someone - kind of a funny image, if you ask me.
More likely he was just saying - blow yourself up.

It comes from the scene in Hamlet where Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are sent to bring Hamlet to the king of England with a letter saying Hamlet should be killed -
but Hamlet changes the letter to say that Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are to be killed instead.
They're carrying a message with their own death warrant.

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
It comes from the scene in Hamlet where Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are sent to bring Hamlet to the king of England with a letter saying Hamlet should be killed -
but Hamlet changes the letter to say that Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are to be killed instead.

Hamlet was nobody's FOOL ......

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Aaaaaah. I try - to - resist.

"HOISTED BY one's own petard". A petard is a bomb - not atypically, a bomb that is launched.
Shakespeare was suggesting you might get your clothes caught on the rocket you shoot at someone - kind of a funny image, if you ask me.
More likely he was just saying - blow yourself up.

Thank you. I learnted something today. :buddies:

This_person

So, an educator says something intolerant of actions by the opposing party to the educator's. This is nothing new.

What may be new is that he can't say, "I didn't mean it literally" because he takes pains to say he didn't mean it as hyperbole.

Now, he may be one of those who says, "I literally slept for a million hours" - just a complete moron who doesn't understand the language - and the fact that he is a college educator does not make this less likely.

I tend to agree that people like this should be allowed to show themselves for what they are. The hope is that the college has other educators teaching his classes and no one takes his classes anymore, and the college is forced to "retire" him. Yes, I know that won't happen - but it is my hope.

Hijinx

So, an educator says something intolerant of actions by the opposing party to the educator's. This is nothing new.

What may be new is that he can't say, "I didn't mean it literally" because he takes pains to say he didn't mean it as hyperbole.

Now, he may be one of those who says, "I literally slept for a million hours" - just a complete moron who doesn't understand the language - and the fact that he is a college educator does not make this less likely.

I tend to agree that people like this should be allowed to show themselves for what they are. The hope is that the college has other educators teaching his classes and no one takes his classes anymore, and the college is forced to "retire" him. Yes, I know that won't happen - but it is my hope.

This is where tenure is a bad thing.