Trump Fires Comey...

3CATSAILOR

Comey was darn if he did, darn if he didn't. I have been to their Academy. They are the best of the best and very dedicated. The National Academy (NA) for National and International top police officers is located there. They teach the top 5% of police officers in the NA. It is critical that they have a top leader that all of them can appreciate his/her leadership. It is my opinion that Comey was slowly loosing his ability to lead. The Presidential firing of Comey is not to take anything away from any of the men and women of the FBI who continue to protect us 24/7 World wide. The President probably did him a favor since the sharks were getting ready to circle around him.

littlelady

God bless the USA
The Dems are losing it over this. I knew they would. Thus, my comment in the OP ...Oh, boy. Here we go. ... If Hillary, had been elected and fired Comey (which she would have), Dems would be applauding. Yes, indeedy, the double standard is still alive and well; every day, for that matter.

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Also, there seems to be more questions about Trump, than why Comey was fired. Typical. The swamp is still there, and not near being drained, but I think Trump's firing of Comey has caused a breach, and the swamp is draining even though it is a trickle so far. A trickle can become a catastrophic flood. Chomp, chomp! :patriot:

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Also, when the Dems (Chuckie. etal) are saying this seems Nixonion, one can come back with the rebuttal that Comey seemed Hooveronion. Just sayin'. I am thinking that Comey thought he could bring Hillary down to not be elected, and then once a Repub was elected, he could bring them down, too. Comey in 2020, anyone? I wonder what Comey had on everyone like Hoover had, and threatened their existence in politics? All quite interesting. We shall see in the coming days. The swamp was deeper than Trump thought. Scary times, indeedy.

But, one thing we do know. Comey had overstepped his position as FBI director. He got the ultimate slap down. He learned about his termination while giving a speech in L.A., and news was on in the background. Now, that's funny, y'all. :killingme:

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Sorry for the multiple posts, but this story has caught my attention. Comey thought he was untouchable (love that pun!). Comey overstepped his position. He is responsible for his own demise, and proof that power corrupts. This is just the tip of the iceberg, and I am not talking about Gore! Oh, wait...we could talk about Gore, too, in this sense. :lol: Another alligator gone. More to hunt. Go, Trump!

I am listening to the news, and it seems that Comey was worried how he would get home. Maybe, he just got a comeuppance about being just a plain ole American that has to get through life. What a jerk. Bye, bye!

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Bill Clinton fired William Sessions in 1993. So, what is the difference now? Or should I rephrase in Hillary's words...'what difference does it make'? What is causing all the uproar? Oh wait, I know. It is because Dems are butt hurt and didn't get their way. :tantrum:

Very simple, really. Good grief.

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
The Dems have proven that what is good for the goose is 'not' good for the gander. These people are off their rockers big time. Why can't they look truth in the face? It is because it does not progress their agenda. It blew their double standard hypocrisy wide open. Boom! I think about just not watching, or reading news anymore because it has become so outrageous, but then, again, I know I have to remain informed. Wow, the push back today has been crazy. Chris Matthews looked liked he might keel over, and was seconds from death. I guess the tingle is gone.

And, something else I noticed today is that Comey is really tall. He must be 6'5" or more. Maybe, he should have been a basketball player. It is a game, too.

I just looked it up. He is 6'8".

Last edited:

tommyjo

I was wading through your BS to see which was the post that most displayed your ignorance...this is the one. So let's walk thru this shall we??

What is the difference between the firing of Sessions and Comey? (You really should look some of this stuff up...it is VERY easy to find)

Mr. Sessions was fired because HE was under investigation after serious legal issues came to light about his misuse of the office for personal gain. He was using taxpayer funds and govt resources for personal gain. The President offered clear reasons why Mr. Sessions was fired.

Mr. Comey was fired because the President in under investigation after serious questions about how he obtained the Presidency have been asked. Mr. Coney was fired that same day that were issued for associates of Michael Flynn (didn't know that did you?) Mr. Trump offered no rational, clear reason for the firing of Mr. Comey. In fact, neither Mr. Trump nor his White House minions can offer a reasonable explanation of why Mr. Comey was fired. Here is Spicer: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ambled-to-explain-why/?utm_term=.79dde5b11b6b When pressed on CNN last night to explain, that idiot Kelly Ann Conway reverted to the "we won Michigan" response. "Drain the swamp"? Trump has surrounded himself with spokespeople who can't speak...can't answer questions...and sound like their highest level of education was the 4th grade.

Mr. Sessions was given the opportunity to resign.

Mr. Comey learned that he was fired from a TV news report. (just one more item to add to the mountainous pile of evidence that guy you bow before is an atrocious leader)

What difference does this make?

What difference does it make that a President who is under investigation for colluding with a foreign govt to win the Presidential election fires one of the chief investigators? You don't see a problem with that?

Regarding Hoover:

There was no term limit for the FBI director when Hoover was FBI director. After Mr. Hoover died, Congress implemented a 10 year term limit. As far as I can tell, no FBI director has since has stayed 10 years. But only 2 have been fired. One for cause...one as a means to distract really stupid people (like you and those on here) from the President's legal issues and the legal issues of those around the president...which now include almost daily stories about how the President and his family are turning the Presidency into just another profit center (drain the swamp, huh?)

If you are going to continue to refer to yourself as a patriot, get your head out of your ass. This country was not founded for the sole purpose of supporting the Republican or Democratic parties.

philibusters

Bill Clinton fired William Sessions in 1993. So, what is the difference now? Or should I rephrase in Hillary's words...'what difference does it make'? What is causing all the uproar? Oh wait, I know. It is because Dems are butt hurt and didn't get their way. :tantrum:

Very simple, really. Good grief.

The uproar from the Democrats is because of the ongoing Russian investigation. They are afraid will appoint somebody loyal to him who will whitewash the investigation.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I was wading through your BS to see which was the post that most displayed your ignorance...this is the one. So let's walk thru this shall we??

What is the difference between the firing of Sessions and Comey? (You really should look some of this stuff up...it is VERY easy to find)

Mr. Sessions was fired because HE was under investigation after serious legal issues came to light about his misuse of the office for personal gain. He was using taxpayer funds and govt resources for personal gain. The President offered clear reasons why Mr. Sessions was fired.

Mr. Comey was fired because the President in under investigation after serious questions about how he obtained the Presidency have been asked. Mr. Coney was fired that same day that were issued for associates of Michael Flynn (didn't know that did you?) Mr. Trump offered no rational, clear reason for the firing of Mr. Comey. In fact, neither Mr. Trump nor his White House minions can offer a reasonable explanation of why Mr. Comey was fired. Here is Spicer: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ambled-to-explain-why/?utm_term=.79dde5b11b6b When pressed on CNN last night to explain, that idiot Kelly Ann Conway reverted to the "we won Michigan" response. "Drain the swamp"? Trump has surrounded himself with spokespeople who can't speak...can't answer questions...and sound like their highest level of education was the 4th grade.

Mr. Sessions was given the opportunity to resign.

Mr. Comey learned that he was fired from a TV news report. (just one more item to add to the mountainous pile of evidence that guy you bow before is an atrocious leader)

What difference does this make?

What difference does it make that a President who is under investigation for colluding with a foreign govt to win the Presidential election fires one of the chief investigators? You don't see a problem with that?

Regarding Hoover:

There was no term limit for the FBI director when Hoover was FBI director. After Mr. Hoover died, Congress implemented a 10 year term limit. As far as I can tell, no FBI director has since has stayed 10 years. But only 2 have been fired. One for cause...one as a means to distract really stupid people (like you and those on here) from the President's legal issues and the legal issues of those around the president...which now include almost daily stories about how the President and his family are turning the Presidency into just another profit center (drain the swamp, huh?)

If you are going to continue to refer to yourself as a patriot, get your head out of your ass. This country was not founded for the sole purpose of supporting the Republican or Democratic parties.

:1bdz: Meanwhile, Hillary has soiled her Depends.....

https://pjmedia.com/rogerlsimon/2017/05/09/comeys-out-whos-next-for-rosenstein/

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Comey was darn if he did, darn if he didn't. I have been to their Academy. They are the best of the best and very dedicated. The National Academy (NA) for National and International top police officers is located there. They teach the top 5% of police officers in the NA. It is critical that they have a top leader that all of them can appreciate his/her leadership. It is my opinion that Comey was slowly loosing his ability to lead. The Presidential firing of Comey is not to take anything away from any of the men and women of the FBI who continue to protect us 24/7 World wide. The President probably did him a favor since the sharks were getting ready to circle around him.

Was Comey the best? Did the Academy teach him to run his mouth after Lynch met with Bubba? Did the Academy then teach him that being the boss of the world's premier investigative entity in the world meant to them compound that error and head back to the mics and cameras to try and balance out the politics he dove into when he exonerated one candidate well before the work was done?

Jim Comey was in the clear and above reproach until he CHOSE to immerse himself, and the bureau, right dead smack in the middle of a heated campaign. That he's been doing a version of the two with the current president pissed of Senate Democrats, kept others mad at him and was slow roasting Trump means a guy many were sick of and had lost confidence in, embarrassing himself, the bureau and creating via his own poor judgment, this mess in the first place meant he had to go.

So, while I agree he was 'losing his ability to lead' I believe it was self inflicted. :buddies: