State trooper tries to stop a child on dirt bike and he panics

3CATSAILOR

The kid decided to panic when a State Trooper patrolling in the St. James area this afternoon lost control of his dirt bike and the kid rolled down the hill of a steep ditch. Lucky for the kid, he didn't seem to be hurt. Unlucky for the kid, the trooper was waiting for him to gather himself out of the dirt. I was a few vehicles behind the trooper. I applaud the trooper for stopping the kids. They could get themselves killed crossing in front of cars traveling up and down Route 235.

glhs837

Power with Control
The kid decided to panic when a State Trooper patrolling in the St. James area this afternoon lost control of his dirt bike and the kid rolled down the hill of a steep ditch. Lucky for the kid, he didn't seem to be hurt. Unlucky for the kid, the trooper was waiting for him to gather himself out of the dirt. I was a few vehicles behind the trooper. I applaud the trooper for stopping the kids. They could get themselves killed crossing in front of cars traveling up and down Route 235.

Usually the ones I see down this way are pretty careful when they are on the road.

3CATSAILOR

Usually the ones I see down this way are pretty careful when they are on the road.

I do agree with you. But, it was pretty obvious that one of these kids panicked which caused him to crash. You could pretty much tell he was surprised to see the police vehicle when all of a sudden the kid saw high beam headlights alternating flashing back and forth along with super bright LED red and blue lights. It looks like the kid never saw the trooper until he was right up on him. He was probably watching his friend who was in front of him the entire time and thus not really watching any traffic at all, let alone a marked SUV who was pretty much on top of him, thus causing him to panic. I credit the trooper for being very professional and patient with the kids.