Cummings wants ‘emergency hearings’ over Comey firing

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Cummings wants ‘emergency hearings’ over Comey firing

“Congress needs to have immediate emergency hearings to obtain testimony directly from Attorney General [Jeff] Sessions, the deputy attorney general and FBI Director Comey,” Cummings said in a statement.

“The White House was already covering up for [former national security adviser] Michael Flynn by refusing to provide a single document to Congress, and now the President fired the one independent person who was doing the most to investigate President Trump and his [2016] campaign over allegations of coordination with Russia.”

Cummings added that Sessions’s involvement in Comey’s ouster is “mindboggling,” noting that Sessions stated that he would recuse himself from investigations into any ties between Trump and Russia.

“There is now a crisis of confidence at the Justice Department, and President Trump is not being held accountable because House Republicans refuse to work with us to do our job,” the top Democrat on the House Oversight Committee added.

The White House announced Tuesday afternoon that Trump had fired Comey following recommendations from Sessions and his deputy, Rod Rosenstein, over his handling of the investigation into Hillary Clinton's handling of classified emails.

Cummings can go pound sand :shrug: Comey's Employment is an executive decision

Democrats: Comey firing ‘Nixonian’

WASHINGTON

Furious Democrats branded the firing of FBI Director James Comey as “Nixonian,” warning the probe into the Trump campaign’s ties to Russia had been dangerously compromised.

They warned of a possible constitutional crisis, painting a troubling picture of a dictatorial president suddenly dismissing the key investigator into allegations that have raised serious questions about his campaign’s links to Russia.

“This is Nixonian,” said the usually measured Sen. Bob Casey, D-Pa., recalling President Richard Nixon’s “Saturday Night Massacre” in 1973. Nixon forced the firing of the special prosecutor investigating the Watergate campaign scandal.

Sen. Martin Heinrich, D-N.M., a Senate Intelligence Committee member, made a more direct connection. “President Trump’s dismissal of FBI Director Comey smacks of President Nixon's Saturday Night Massacre. If this is an effort to stop the investigations into Russian collusion with the Trump campaign, it won’t succeed,” he said.

Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla., saying “the reasoning and timing behind this firing is absolutely preposterous and unbelievable,” added that “It smacks of a Nixon-esque cover up of President Trump’s Kremlin ties.”

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said he told Trump in a phone call Tuesday afternoon that he was “making a big mistake” in firing Comey. The New York Democrat questioned why Comey was fired now, noting that the FBI, Senate and House are investigating whether the Trump campaign colluded with Russia.

Read more here: #storylink=cpy

Hijinx

Last week they hated the guy. Blamed him for Hillary's loss.
This week he is a hero.

Just another Democrat crying jag and a shot at Trump.
IU suppose we will see how this plays out, but aren't we getting sick of the whining.?
Elijah Cummins has become the mouthpiece of the party.
I suppose the party feels that since he is black no one can speak against him,
but that is one stupid human being.

Hijinx

oh well, he need to get over it, POTUS has the right to fire as he see fit

I would bet that most Democrats who aren't trying to use the firing as a bludgeon against Trump would agree the guy had to go.

Schumer and Cummings are just making fools of themselves.

Nothing new for them.

SamSpade

Last week they hated the guy. Blamed him for Hillary's loss.
This week he is a hero.

I'm not sure if this works because voters really do have short memories - or they can shift gears like something out of 1984 doublethink.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm not sure if this works because voters really do have short memories - or they can shift gears like something out of 1984 doublethink.

Most people are easily led and the Dem party brainwashers take complete advantage of this. The Lefties just say what they're told to say and how you can tell is that they all have the exact same talking points in almost the exact same verbiage. No original thought. If you question them, they go deer in the headlights and have no idea how to respond - all they know is to parrot the talking points they read or heard somewhere. Even Lefties who are near and dear to me, who I consider intelligent and aware, will pop out with absurd talking points, then go tharn when you ask them to elaborate.

Side story, but related:

Taylor Swift. A couple years back her love life was all over the news and she'd pissed somebody off because the stories were always negative, like she's some tramp because she, you know, dates. She was being hammered as this horrible person in pretty much all the entertainment sites and news, including being publicly shamed by Amy Pohler and Tina Fey at whatever awards show that was. A composite discussion (because I was interested in this phenomenon) went like this:

Them: I hate Taylor Swift!
Me: Why?
Them: Because she's a slut.
Me: ? What makes you think she's a slut?
Them: Because! She's screwed everyone in the world.
Me: Stop it. You don't even know that girl.
Them: No, you stop it. She's a slut who screws everyone in the world.

:lol:

There are a number of ways to take this "argument" apart, but what's fascinating about it is the mindset (and I use the word "mind" very loosely). I suspect that there's a large amount of jealousy in the mix - when someone's rich and talented and gorgeous, they attract negative attention from those who aren't. Coupled with being told what to think by the media, now all kinds of nobody weirdos are Taylor Swift sex life experts.

It's like that with politics. Trump is a winner. He just is. He lives a clean and sober life, rich, smart, gorgeous and talented wife, great family, and now he's freaking President of the United States. That's an awful lot of winning, and it pisses people off. Couple that with the Left media feeding these people #### sandwiches for political purposes, and now Trump has been Swifted. Almost everything the unwashed Left "knows" about him is demonstrably untrue, but when you point that out they become agitated and hostile. You've ####ed with their paradigm and sent them into a tizzy. Since they clearly cannot think on their own, they fall back on the talking points (I hate to keep referring to "it's got electrolytes", but there it is).

They are "Democrats" and Republicans are their enemy, the end. They don't want to think any further than that. No different than when someone arbitrarily becomes a fan of some sports team, and will hang in there no matter how much they suck, AND have a vehement loathing of that team's rival. "God, I hate the Cowboys so much!!!" Really? Why do you hate the Cowboys? "Because they suck!!!!"

:lol:

SamSpade

An incredibly wealthy slut, doe...

I don't dislike her - but I don't think she's terribly talented. I could be wrong.
Until Miley Cyrus coached on The Voice, I wasn't convinced of *her* singing chops - just her entertainment talent. She can entertain, even without being crude.
Taylor just seems to be a pretty face that her producers want to promote, like a lot of famous people out there.

This_person

I would bet that most Democrats who aren't trying to use the firing as a bludgeon against Trump would agree the guy had to go.

When the lefties at Colbert's show were told - they CHEERED!! They get it, the media does not. We, the People (even those who HATE Trump), get it.

[video=youtube;RCVBEE1SfXI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCVBEE1SfXI[/video]

Toxick

Splat
So Mitch told Cummings et al to go pound sand. No Special Prosecutor for you.

I would pay good hard earned money to watch a video of him using those exact words.

McConnell's voice drives me up the goddam wall, but I would put that on a loop and bluetooth it to my earbuds all night.

Hijinx

When the lefties at Colbert's show were told - they CHEERED!! They get it, the media does not. We, the People (even those who HATE Trump), get it.

[video=youtube;RCVBEE1SfXI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCVBEE1SfXI[/video]

Sure they cheered, but you saw how fast they fell in line when that Duckhead went on.
Same way with democrats in Congress, most are glad to see him gone but they just cannot let anything Trump does pass.

As for Elijah Cummings , he is a racist POS. member of the klan with a tan CBC.