Leonard Hall Ice rink quesiton

zar

Theist
When is skating open to the public? .. also is there any other rink in the area besides leonard hall and waldorf?

From an old news article I read it said they were only open once a week on Saturday nights.. which seems silly. I guess enough people don't go to warrant them paying some kid minimum wage more than once a week.

tipsymcgee

When is skating open to the public? .. also is there any other rink in the area besides leonard hall and waldorf?

From an old news article I read it said they were only open once a week on Saturday nights.. which seems silly. I guess enough people don't go to warrant them paying some kid minimum wage more than once a week.

Unless it's changed I thought Leonard Hall was just a roller skating rink on Saturday nights. They have other open skate times during the summer and when school is off.

zar

Theist
Unless it's changed I thought Leonard Hall was just a roller skating rink on Saturday nights. They have other open skate times during the summer and when school is off.

oh, I must be mistaken. They do have a ice rink but I guess they only open it for kids hockey games.. but why..

Grumpy

oh, I must be mistaken. They do have a ice rink but I guess they only open it for kids hockey games.. but why..

They have roller hockey there, but never heard of, or seen, any ice there except in the parking lot during the winter.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My son attended Leonard Hall. My daughters played indoor soccer there too. There has never been an ice rink inside the drill hall in all the years I've been going there.

They do (or did) have open-to-the-public nights for roller skating.

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
They also have winter indoor soccer and basketball.
Roller Skating is on Sunday afternoon.

Join us each Sunday afternoon for Skate Night at Leonard Hall Recreation Center!
All ages are welcome from 2:00-5:00pm year round.
Cost is $5 per person. Skate Rentals are $2.50

The nearest Ice skating will be at Capital Clubhouse in Waldorf.

Last edited: