Thread: AAA Must Trade or Sell Phone #'s

AAA Must Trade or Sell Phone #'s

Since I called AAA on Saturday to get my truck towed from Mr. Tire back to the house, I've been getting spam calls; so, I looked up the numbers. All the spam calls are from towing companies; one of the numbers was some towing company in NY state.
    If all you are gonna do is give me grief about what I post DON'T READ IT Heh? Have a nice day :-D

Quote Originally Posted by DEEKAYPEE8569 View Post
    Since I called AAA on Saturday to get my truck towed from Mr. Tire back to the house, I've been getting spam calls; so, I looked up the numbers. All the spam calls are from towing companies; one of the numbers was some towing company in NY state.
    Why did you have to get your truck towed?

A tow company isn't exactly something telemarketing would work for, wouldn't think.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by DoWhat View Post
    Why did you have to get your truck towed?
    Here's the short version.....
    One brake line failed. Drove the truck to Mr. Tire with minimal brakes; on a Saturday; foolishly thinking they could fix it. They couldn't/didn't. All they said was, 'Yup, you've got a broken brake line.' Something I already knew. Decided to get the truck towed back to the house; called AAA, who sent a roll-back; driver was in Deale when he got the call; so I waited a while. 2-3 hours later, got the truck home. Now, it's at a non-descript repair shop; guy who works out of his garage. So, I'm hoping the bill isn't TOO d*mn big. :fingerscrossed:
    Last edited by DEEKAYPEE8569; 05-11-2017 at 09:19 AM.
    If all you are gonna do is give me grief about what I post DON'T READ IT Heh? Have a nice day :-D

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplesElbow View Post
    A tow company isn't exactly something telemarketing would work for, wouldn't think.
    I think calling AAA had something to do with it; just don't know what. Doesn't matter. I don't answer calls from #'s I don't recogognize.

Quote Originally Posted by DEEKAYPEE8569 View Post
    Here's the short version.....
    One brake line failed. Drove the truck to Mr. Tire with minimal brakes; on a Saturday; foolishly thinking they could fix it. They couldn't/didn't. All they said was, 'Yup, you've got a broken brake line.'
    THAT's very strange - I have had brake lines fail twice on my truck - and I have taken them to two different Mr Tires - the one behind BJ's (just last month) and the one in Leonardtown (about three years ago).
    In each case, it was a bit expensive since they had to custom make the connection.
    Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong". Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    THAT's very strange - I have had brake lines fail twice on my truck - and I have taken them to two different Mr Tires - the one behind BJ's (just last month) and the one in Leonardtown (about three years ago).
    In each case, it was a bit expensive since they had to custom make the connection.
    Water under the bridge now. I won't be going back to them for anything else.
    Last edited by DEEKAYPEE8569; 05-11-2017 at 10:46 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 46