AAA Must Trade or Sell Phone #'s

DEEKAYPEE8569

Since I called AAA on Saturday to get my truck towed from Mr. Tire back to the house, I've been getting spam calls; so, I looked up the numbers. All the spam calls are from towing companies; one of the numbers was some towing company in NY state. :doh:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Since I called AAA on Saturday to get my truck towed from Mr. Tire back to the house, I've been getting spam calls; so, I looked up the numbers. All the spam calls are from towing companies; one of the numbers was some towing company in NY state. :doh:

Why did you have to get your truck towed?

DEEKAYPEE8569

Why did you have to get your truck towed?
Here's the short version.....
One brake line failed. Drove the truck to Mr. Tire with minimal brakes; on a Saturday; foolishly thinking they could fix it. They couldn't/didn't. All they said was, 'Yup, you've got a broken brake line.' Something I already knew. Decided to get the truck towed back to the house; called AAA, who sent a roll-back; driver was in Deale when he got the call; so I waited a while. 2-3 hours later, got the truck home. Now, it's at a non-descript repair shop; guy who works out of his garage. So, I'm hoping the bill isn't TOO d*mn big. :fingerscrossed:

Last edited:

SamSpade

Here's the short version.....
One brake line failed. Drove the truck to Mr. Tire with minimal brakes; on a Saturday; foolishly thinking they could fix it. They couldn't/didn't. All they said was, 'Yup, you've got a broken brake line.'

THAT's very strange - I have had brake lines fail twice on my truck - and I have taken them to two different Mr Tires - the one behind BJ's (just last month) and the one in Leonardtown (about three years ago).
In each case, it was a bit expensive since they had to custom make the connection.

DEEKAYPEE8569

THAT's very strange - I have had brake lines fail twice on my truck - and I have taken them to two different Mr Tires - the one behind BJ's (just last month) and the one in Leonardtown (about three years ago).
In each case, it was a bit expensive since they had to custom make the connection.
Water under the bridge now. I won't be going back to them for anything else.

Last edited: