Black student group at UC Santa Cruz threatens more campus takeovers

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
University of California Santa Cruz administrators recently agreed to meet to all four demands lodged by a black student group who commandeered a campus building and would not leave until their conditions were met.

But in addition to the four initial stipulations, the group made three other demands to the university, and it has warned UC Santa Cruz that it has four months to comply with these demands or “more Reclamations” will result.

After three days of occupation by students of Kerr Hall, Chancellor George Blumenthal agreed to give all black and Caribbean-identified students a 4-year housing guarantee to live in the Rosa Parks African American Themed House; bring back the building’s lounge; paint its exterior the “Pan-Afrikan colors” of red, green and black; and force all new incoming students to go through a mandatory diversity competency training.

Black student group at UC Santa Cruz threatens more campus takeovers if additional demands not met

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Gonna be pretty boring for them if they eventually get their way. Just look at Howard University. But, then again, seems Howard has it's own problems.... Here and Here and Here.

Apparently, going to a nearly all black, historically black, university, is still no reason to sit on ones laurels (from the last 'here');

"Student organizers from Concerned Students, 1867 created a list of demands on Sunday evening, requesting that Frederick respond to each point by noon on Wednesday.
The full list of demands included the following stipulations:

That Howard declare itself a sanctuary campus and not release student information without a court order or subpoena.
That President Trump be banned from all university-affiliated buildings.
That Howard University refuse to “abandon its values in exchange for financial security.” Student organizers request that Howard reject any federal funding over what it already receives.
(added: Send what you already send, but no more damn it)
That Howard increase “visibility, access, and expansion of resources” to underrepresented community members, including LGBTQIA and Muslim student groups.
(added: So, apparently there is an underrepresented class lower than the underrepresented blacks?)
That Howard work with student representatives to create a Kwame Ture Community Center to integrate Howard students with the larger D.C. community.
That the Howard president state his commitment to the liberation of Black people."
(added: Uhhh, aren't black people already liberated?)

Blacks have a school all to themselves and still can't STFU. This says that this sh*t is not ever going to end. So what's the point of giving in to these asinine demands, at any university?

Has anyone ever driven on Georgia Ave in the neighborhood of Howard U? Ever driven in the George Washington University neighborhood? The differences are stunning.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
If I may ...

That the Howard president state his commitment to the liberation of Black people."
(added: Uhhh, aren't black people already liberated?)

Has anyone ever driven on Georgia Ave in the neighborhood of Howard U? Ever driven in the George Washington University neighborhood? The differences are stunning.

Liberation = white people enslaved

back in the 90s ...
743 Fairmount St and
735 Girard St
Sherman Ave.

900 V St was the plumbing supply house I frequented

and plenty of work in Georgetown

Hijinx

Liberation = white people enslaved

back in the 90s ...
743 Fairmount St and
735 Girard St
Sherman Ave.

900 V St was the plumbing supply house I frequented

and plenty of work in Georgetown

Of course these students will be back with more demands. They aren't totally stupid.
If you give in to these BS demands, they will of course demand more.

I especially like the one where they have to paint the building in pan-African colors. (Real Americans this bunch.
I love the demand at Howard that they not take any more Federal money than they already get. (that's ####ing brilliant.)
The President is not allowed to enter their buildings? LMAO (simple racist Mother truckers with brains turned to sh1t.)
Howard loves those LGBTQIA MF's.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
So much for integration......I see all this leading to more segregation.......which suits me just fine.....never was into Pan-African colors anyway.

Hijinx

So much for integration......I see all this leading to more segregation.......which suits me just fine.....never was into Pan-African colors anyway.

If you really like it you can thank Mr. Obama for his work in dividing the country.