Fbi raids gop fundraising firm in annapolis

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Jump the gun much? A real story would tell us why the FBI raided this place. Is it the firm itself, or one of the people involved? Without details, there's no reason to even run that dumb blurb.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
because it is obviously a Crypto-Fascist, Racist, Homophobic gang of Misogynist, Islam Haters

:shrug:

I'm guessing that's why the prog media sites are blasting this non-story all over the place when they have no details, not even small ones. "FBI Raids GOP Fund Raising Firm!!!" No story, just the headline with "developing..."

I am super tired of the media and their vulture ways. They should be embarrassed and, as many times as this gun jumping has come back to bite them in the ass, you'd think they'd learn.

Hijinx

I'm guessing that's why the prog media sites are blasting this non-story all over the place when they have no details, not even small ones. "FBI Raids GOP Fund Raising Firm!!!" No story, just the headline with "developing..."

I am super tired of the media and their vulture ways. They should be embarrassed and, as many times as this gun jumping has come back to bite them in the ass, you'd think they'd learn.

:yeahthat:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The story:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...18f6849a004_story.html?utm_term=.6a64b056ca2a

Rogers said agents appeared interested in records of his firm’s work on former Virginia attorney general Ken Cuccinelli’s 2013 gubernatorial campaign. Cuccinelli (R) sued the Strategic Campaign Group and the Conservative Strike Force in 2014, alleging they raised almost $2.2 million to support his campaign but steered little of the money to him.

- snip -

Both groups have spent a small portion of the donations they receive on the candidates they aim to support, according to federal records, and reported high spending on consultants and other firms.

So there you have it - suspicion of fraudulent fundraising.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Run the investigation and see what happens. If they have something, prosecute.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
FBI agents raid office of GOP consultants over claims they stole $2.2 MILLION from their client in 2013 Virginia governor's race

• The FBI raided the office of Strategic Campaign Group, a GOP consultant firm in Maryland, on Thursday
  • It is believed the search is in connection to the 2013 Virginia governor's race
  • Republican candidate Ken Cuccinelli sued the group in 2014 on allegations of fraudulent fundraising practices
  • He says the firm raised $2.2 million for his campaign, but gave him only $10,000

[clip]

Several political campaigns in recent years have complained of so-called 'scam PACs' that purportedly raise money to help a political campaign, but instead enrich consultants and others with the bulk of the funds.

Such groups have become more prevalent in recent years after a series of court rulings, including the US Supreme Court's Citizens United decisions, reshaped the campaign finance landscape and boosted the prominence of groups not directly associated with a candidate.

Cuccinelli said Wednesday in a statement to that he'd not spoken to any federal law enforcement officials about Strategic Campaign Group but is 'curious' to see where the case goes.

'It was my hope when we brought our lawsuit to cast light on the dark practices of scam PACs. I think we did that successfully,' Cuccinelli said.

'Any cleaning up of these practices would be good for our political system.

Rogers was a senior consultant to one-time White House party crasher and former reality television figure Tareq Salahi's run for Virginia governor in 2013, according to a campaign news release.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ryland-GOP-consulting-firm.html#ixzz4grH8gEvu
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Two things:

It could be that this group is a scam; or it could be that Cuccinelli is a sore loser wack.

Either way, I thought the Republicans' response was interesting: they *immediately* dumped this firm and disassociated from them. Based on mere accusations, before any investigation, without any evidence of fraud, let alone proof.

This is a large part of the GOP's problem: the react instead of respond, frequently without even having all the facts.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Either way, I thought the Republicans' response was interesting: they *immediately* dumped this firm and disassociated from them. Based on mere accusations, before any investigation, without any evidence of fraud, let alone proof.

why not, it just gives your opposition in the DNC more :gossip: if you are working with a consulting firm once raided by the FBI

its like being accused of Rape on a college campus today ........ girls that make accusations later proven false or vindictive and false still ruin the guys reputation

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
why not, it just gives your opposition in the DNC more :gossip: if you are working with a consulting firm once raided by the FBI

For the same reason you shouldn't negotiate with terrorists: if they see that it works, they will do it all the time. It takes nothing to accuse someone - all you have to do is...do it. You don't have to have any proof, especially in politics. All you have to do is make the accusation; start the rumor and the media will take it from there. Look at this Trump/Russia crap if you don't believe me.

If the GOP is going to cower before every single accusation slung at them by the Democrats, they should all just go jump off a bridge right now and get it over with. This is why Trump won, why we like him so much: they sling crap at him and instead of submissively peeing, he gives them the finger and tells them to go #### themselves. That is exactly the correct way to deal with these people, but most Republicans are too cowardly to do that.