‘Furious’ Behar Whines, Press Excluded From Meeting With Russia Is ‘Treason’

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
‘Furious’ Behar Whines, Press Excluded From Meeting With Russia Is ‘Treason’

On Thursday’s The View, an upset Joy Behar ranted that Trump barring U.S. press from a meeting with Russia’s foreign minister Sergey Lavrov Wednesday was tantamount to “treason” and should upset every American:

BEHAR: He is speaking to the Russian foreign minister Lavrov and Ambassador Kislyak. He is the guy who Michael Flynn got fired for, talking to him. Possibly talking about sanctions. And in the room, there is Trump talking to these Russians, and guess who -- the Russian press is there covering it. Guess who is missing from that room? The American press is not allowed.

HOSTIN: They were barred.

BEHAR: They were barred from the room. OK? All I'm saying in this lengthy speech that I hate to give, this is treason to me. This is un-American. Unpatriotic. Americans should be furious. Furious. This is the American press being left out-- It hurts my feelings frankly.

While Sarah Huckabee Sanders explained in today's briefing, that it was normal for a visiting foreign minister to have an official photographer in the room (and that the White House's official photographer was also in the room), Behar's rant seemed solely centered on the idea that the American press wasn’t allowed in the room. Perhaps Behar failed to realize that our former president also barred the American press from meetings and not just in an isolated incidence but as routine.

:killingme

What a Tool ....

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
My mom used to watch The View religiously. Once Elisabeth Hasselbeck left and Joy and Whoopi started bashing anybody that thought differently than they did (anyone not a Democrat), she stopped watching.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Joy Behar? Yeah...her opinions are worth writing a story about so morons can cut and paste it...then talk about it like it is real news.

Except for the part where there are a great many women who do indeed revere Joy Behar's silly opinions and proclamations.

Frankly, you sound just like Joy Behar most of the time (although not as witty), so I have to believe you are one of her little fans.

SamSpade

My mom used to watch The View religiously.

Heck, I would even watch it sometimes. Of course, I had a bit of a crush on Debbie Matenopoulos.

Whenever shows become political, I usually lose interest, and it doesn't matter how it swings (unless it's a political show).
If I watch something for laughs, thrills or amusement - and feel I am being preached to - I don't see the point.

I know it doesn't affect others that way, and I ask them how they would feel if there was a *religious* message coming across your shows,
and you got the impression they were trying to proselytize you. You keep watching and you realize - damn, it's all religion now.
I've totally lost interest in this.

Hijinx

Heck, I would even watch it sometimes. Of course, I had a bit of a crush on Debbie Matenopoulos.

Whenever shows become political, I usually lose interest, and it doesn't matter how it swings (unless it's a political show).
If I watch something for laughs, thrills or amusement - and feel I am being preached to - I don't see the point.

I know it doesn't affect others that way, and I ask them how they would feel if there was a *religious* message coming across your shows,
and you got the impression they were trying to proselytize you. You keep watching and you realize - damn, it's all religion now.

The women on the View are radical liberal morons
Why would anyone watch unless you are a part of the brain dead liberal mindset.

TPD

the poor dad

^^ This

I USED to be a faithful viewer of the late night shows - Letterman especially. But in his last couple of years, he got too political for me. When Colbert took his place, I gave him a try....lasted a week. By that time of the night, I have gotten all the politics I need from FOX/MSNBC and just need some straight comedy and a few celebs telling me about their latest movies to help me unwind. About 6 months ago, Bill O'Reilly said about the same thing - specifically calling out Colbert. Now it is the Golden Girls that help me unwind....

Hijinx

^^ This

I USED to be a faithful viewer of the late night shows - Letterman especially. But in his last couple of years, he got too political for me. When Colbert took his place, I gave him a try....lasted a week. By that time of the night, I have gotten all the politics I need from FOX/MSNBC and just need some straight comedy and a few celebs telling me about their latest movies to help me unwind. About 6 months ago, Bill O'Reilly said about the same thing - specifically calling out Colbert. Now it is the Golden Girls that help me unwind....

I can't handle Bea Arthur in anything she is in. I know she is dead now , but it doesn't help.